New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    tsk tsk tsk...sira nanaman ang oto ko!!! oil is dripping sa ilalim ng engine. parang gripo!
    here's the story...
    ...nagpalit ako ng seals sa spark plugs (valve seals ba yun? all 4 of them) at saka yung valve cover gasket pina reseal ko. ayun, okay naman na ang nasa taas na part ng engine.
    ...after one month...
    oil pan seems moist...parang pawis lang...so hinayaan ko lang...
    ...after 2weeks...
    may patak na ng oil as in dropplets lang talaga. still, no corrective action from me. ...car was never abused and seldom went 80kph...wasn't used daily also.
    ...after 2 days (yes, 2 days!)...
    oil drips almost every second! check ko yung dipstick, nasa gitna pa yung level ng oil (as of yesterday, may 8, '06). natatakot na ako ibyahe kahit 12kms lang. hindi ko na sya nagagamit ngayon. pwede ko pa ba gamitin ito kahit ipaunder wash ko lang to see where the problem area is? baka kasi mag warp ang pistons kapag ginamit ko since it's losing oil.
    ...i really need your help guys as to where to start in fixing my 95 hatch (it still has its stock 1200cc engine). i'm beginning to freak out...
    ...last change oil ko is october (2005) using fully synthetic oil. next time nga yung mas malapot na lang na oil ang gagamitin ko.
    ..pansin ko rin meron bakas ng "sprayed" oil under the hood (dun sa malapit sa timing belt); i'm not sure though if it came from the a/c compressor or in the part where the timing belt is located.
    Thanks In Advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just top-off with synthetic oil before bringing it out of the garage... and have a gallon of oil always with you.

Before using synthetic oil last 2005, what kind of oil were you using? Using thicker mineral oil will just actually mask the problem.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    and always remember to use the same type of oil everytime.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Just top-off with synthetic oil before bringing it out of the garage... and have a gallon of oil always with you.

Before using synthetic oil last 2005, what kind of oil were you using? Using thicker mineral oil will just actually mask the problem.
    okay...thanks sa reply...i didn't know what oil was used prior to that date kasi kakabili ko lang nyan noon.

Quote Originally Posted by bardigones
    and always remember to use the same type of oil everytime.
    will do sir, thanks...

what really concerns me is the discharge...ang dami sobra..approxmately 2sq feet ang area ng ground na may oil...saka there are drops of oil all over the garage floor. ibig sabihin it never stops leaking even if the engine is running...

again thanks...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    should be easy enough to check where the leak is comming from. do that muna before freaking out

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    thanks for the helpful replies. tsk tsk tsk...i wonder what happened...i tried lifting the front wheels using an alligator jack and i found out that the oil filter is somewhat deformed..and i found a small hole in it. that's where the oil is coming out...kaya pala parang gripo. tsk tsk tsk. i replaced the oil filter. ok na. no leaks from top to bottom...pero...i was wondering what caused this piercing...6 months ko rin nagamit yung car pagkatapos ng last oil change nya. posible bang debris coming from the outside ang nakapag pierce sa oil filter?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it would have to be really sharp to pierce it. buti yun lang tinamaan and not some other part.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di kaya luma na yung inilagay ng oil filter nung last oil change mo?? grabe naman yan buti at nakita mo tsk tsk tsk

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    it would have to be really sharp to pierce it. buti yun lang tinamaan and not some other part.
    oo nga masyado matulis at malakas ang tumama para butasin ang oil filter mo

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    baka may kaaway ka?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Oil Dripping Under...