New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just this morning, namatay o hindi na gumagalaw yung odo ko tsaka yung km. reading part ng speedometer ko (yung part na pwedeng i-reset), although yung speedometer ko naman is buhay.

saan kaya problema nun? i had the thought na isang cable lang naman ang nagpapatakbo ng speedometer and odometer eh.

pwede kaya ayusin yun ng DIY? analog odo nga pala and the car is B14 Sentra.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Depends on if you have an electric speedometer or a cable-speedometer. If it's a cable one, check the cable if they are loose or bust. If it is an electric one, maybe a bad sensor or wire - start by checking your fuses and if they're okay then check the wiring. Replace the sensor if you have to.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    see if DIY is doable. Reset the socket behind the cluster.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *afrasay, if you say the cluster, eto ba yung nasa loob ng engine bay?
    *v6: its cable type, i assume. analog speedo lang. i think walang sensors involved dito.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's a gauge problem. TS says that the speedometer is still working and only the odometer and trip meter aren't moving. Since it's analog, it's very likely that it's a broken gear or another mechanical part inside the speedometer gauge.

DIY: The gauge can be taken apart and checked if the broken part(s) can still be repaired. If not, buying surplus is your next best option. Just make sure to copy the odometer reading from the old gauge to the new one.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Have the spedometer assembly check by a skilled mechanic. The odometer is no longer running. That could be repaired since it is mechanical type with small plastic gears inside. I already encountered that same trouble before on my 92 Super Saloon and repaired by my cousin who works with a local Nissan dealer before.

Odometer/Km Reading Namatay