New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Also depends at what rpm you shift. Sabi mo hataw ka pag uwi mga 70-80kph. In highway driving ok lang yan constant kasi, pero sa city sandali ka lang makaka 80 kph then stop ka, then accelerate ulit. try to drive in a "suave" way. smooth acceleration and anticipating stops would help in bringing down your consumption.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks normal to me... pero there is still room for improvement... baka nga nagkakatalo sa pagshift up... me i get around 6-7km/liter only para sa 96 galant ss ko eh... i usually shift up at 3k rpm, pero occasional hataw here and there hehe :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo malakas...fuel consumption ng SiR ko is 7-9 kms/ltr city driving (using energy conserving engine oil)...bukas palagi aircon...madalas pang 3000+ rpm ko lalo na pag maluwag ang daan, hataw...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just right to a tad bid on the high side for a 1.5... Oh, matic or manual? Pag matic expect a drop of 1-3k/li normally...

kaya ako nag diesel na hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chieffy a/t ba sir mo?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pepengtom, walang A/T ang SiR...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    masyadong malakas yan. yung akin nakaka 9-11 km/liter, from bulacan to makati, araw-araw, tuwing rush hour pa ang biyahe ko kaya napaka-traffic. i assume naka-tune up ka naman so baka naman nasa driving style yan. once nagka-ganyan din ang fuel consumption ko, kaya lang laging birit ang ginagawa ko. try mo i-limit ang rpm mo hanggang mga 3000 lang. yun ang pinaka-optimum nun, enough power pero hindi naco-compromise ang fuel efficiency. check morin yung fuel injector, baka barado. maraming factors, such tire pressure, air filter , etc. naka-mags ka ba? kasi yung sa akin as in stock talaga, kaya matipid.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I think its because of the design of the engine the 1.6 is VTEC while the 1.5 is PGM-Fi. Mas matipid sa gas ang vtec engines ng honda. The way I understand the design of the engine when its in iddling its consumes less fuel because the vtec regulates the engine to use less fuel while the pgm-fi just maximizes the fuel and no control on the engine. : )

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when you havent hit vtec range.. your car is only a 12-valver.... when it hits vtec range ... it becomes 16valves... hence the power... given the same weight of the car... the lesser 1.5L will have a "harder" time to work its power on the weight of the car.... the 1.6L sir engine has a lot of power to carry the weight.. hence.. the engine doesnt really work that hard to move the car compared to the 1.5L engine. (sana tama ako dito.. hehehe..)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I think tama kayo parang paa ko ang maykasalan.

but i just replace na yung sparkplug medyo humina na sya sa sunday palit din ako nang oil then check ko kung malakas talaga o hindi.

Salamat sa advise mga dudes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Normal Gas Consumption