New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Upon asking Nissan if they allow the use of synthetic oil on the Xtrail, they replied only if you use their synth oil- Nissyn 15w40 by Conoco. Well, i checked out this so-called synth oil which costs P2360/4L at the dealer. It's rated for both diesel and gas, API CI/SL.
    This is very, very similar to Conoco's hydroclear Power-D 15w40, which carries the same Api rating, a hydrocracked mineral oil which is marketed as an alternative to synth oil. It's not a synth oil rather a higher quality mineral oil.
    If its the same oil, just re-branded by nissan, then it's not worth P590/L- you can buy hydroclear power-D 15w40 at P850/4L or P212/L.

which nissan branch? Mahal pala

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Asked 2 dealers- Nissan Gallery Ortigas and Commonwealth.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Been using this brand of oil (Nis-Syn) since my last two PMS and this oil has done wonders to my '92 model sentra. It's fully synthetic and oil-seal friendly to high mileaged cars. The engine runs/idles smoothly as ever and my mileage increased from 8.5 to 10 kml/L on city driving. And according to the Casa S.A., it's proven safe for 10k oil change interval... which of course I'm afraid to follow - ehehehe (scary ).

Nissyn oil by Conoco