New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi guys,

Im a newbie and I plan to buy a vehicle. Previously, I was planning to have a 2000 VTI pero nakaluwag luwag so i considered a 1999 or 2000 SIR saka 1998 CRV. Pero I'm still torn between the SIR and the CRV mainly because of my worry regarding the gas consumption. Mas preferred ko sana ung CRV pero I would like to ask you guys kung totoo na higop daw sa gasolina ito. Kindly compare it sana with the SIR in terms of gas consumption. I would also appreciate kung imemention nyo na rin po ng pros and cons nung SIR saka nung CRV kahit hindi in terms of gas consumption. By the way, I just want to mention na i'm from Kawit, Cavite and I work at Makati (I hope this helps you guys to easily put yourselves in my shoes when it comes to getting the car suit for me). Mention ko na rin po ung budget ko, up to 400k po ung plan ko na price. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stolen*soul View Post
    Hi guys,

Im a newbie and I plan to buy a vehicle. Previously, I was planning to have a 2000 VTI pero nakaluwag luwag so i considered a 1999 or 2000 SIR saka 1998 CRV. Pero I'm still torn between the SIR and the CRV mainly because of my worry regarding the gas consumption. Mas preferred ko sana ung CRV pero I would like to ask you guys kung totoo na higop daw sa gasolina ito. Kindly compare it sana with the SIR in terms of gas consumption. I would also appreciate kung imemention nyo na rin po ng pros and cons nung SIR saka nung CRV kahit hindi in terms of gas consumption. By the way, I just want to mention na i'm from Kawit, Cavite and I work at Makati (I hope this helps you guys to easily put yourselves in my shoes when it comes to getting the car suit for me). Mention ko na rin po ung budget ko, up to 400k po ung plan ko na price. Thanks in advance.
    imho, mas malakas humigop ng gasoline ang CRV kesa SIR.
    SIR is ok, but beware of the unit that you will buy. most of them are "laspag" dahil ginagamit yan for street racing.

at 400k, since medyo malayo-layo ang takbo mo everyday, get a fuel efficient car. get a corolla.

Newbie Here: Need Help