New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tanong ko lang po, my in-laws just recently acquired a nissan sentra ss 1993 model, napansin namin nung ginagamit na namin that the water reservoir for the radiator e laging kumukulo yung tubig after using the car... ano po kaya problem nung car and ano po pwede namin gawin? thanks...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdejesus05 View Post
    tanong ko lang po, my in-laws just recently acquired a nissan sentra ss 1993 model, napansin namin nung ginagamit na namin that the water reservoir for the radiator e laging kumukulo yung tubig after using the car... ano po kaya problem nung car and ano po pwede namin gawin? thanks...
    hey bro, it is possible that you have a leaking (or blown) Head Gasket. so if I we're you check for any indications of water mixing w/ the engine oil. you can do this by simply checking the oil, and if the color is milky/brown (parang kape na may gatas) then yun na.

aite, peace.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdejesus05 View Post
    I had that experience before, kumukulo ang tubig na lumalabas sa reservoir, and the temp gauge was nearing the redline. Turned out meron na palang tagas ang thermostat housing ko. Suggest ko lang bro is that check for leaks in your cooling system muna baka nawawalan ng tubig at napapasukan ng hangin. my 2 cents . . .

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Happened to me once with the same type of car.

Yun Sentra kasi may apparatus within the cooling system (AFAIK nasa likod ng makina where the top tube from the radiator enters) that stops the coolant to circulate from the radiator to the engine, not unless it reaches its optimal operating temperature. Useful ito sa mga countries with very cold climates. However, dito medyo useless yan.

Problem is kapag nag-stu-stuck up ito due to age. Restricted ang circulation ng coolant at mabilis umiinit ang makina mo.

Solution: Remove it from the engine.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    don't remove the thermostat, it's there for a reason. if it's stuck/busted, replace it. also check the auxiliary fan and condition of radiator if it needs an overhaul.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    btw, automatic po yung sasakyan nga pala... one more thing, whenever we stop due to stoplight or traffic, pag nilagay ko yung gear sa park and nakahandbrake, namamatay ung engine bigla but if i turn off the aircon in the same situation hindi namamatay yung engine...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hindi nakakayanan ng engine ang load ng aircon bro. Have your idle checked, when was the last time you had the car tuned up? I suggest you have it tuned up na lang din.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    start ka muna sa pinakasimple at pinakamura which is the radiator cap, pag sira na ito hindi na maghold ng pressure ang cooling system kaya kumukulo agad

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Aside from the previous suggestions.
    Its possible that its only normal. After boil is a situation wherein the coolant boils after shut down because of the stoppage of circuation of the water pump, in most engines its normal especially on long drives. Parang the whole engine becomes kettle and stove.

If busted cylinder head gasket you will experience boiling while engine is running and you will smell exhaust fumes inside the rediator and overflowbottle. And in worst situation oil in the coolant.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; December 27th, 2007 at 02:53 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    happened to me once and the culprit is a clogged radiator. have it checked to see if it needs overhauling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
need of some advice...