New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    just exploring as an alternative to buying a new car...

tama po ba kaya ang estimates ko for the ff repair/replacement( parts & labor):

1. clutch plate replacement -- 10k
    2. brake replacement -- 10k
    3. paintjob -- 30k(strip to metal needed imho, it's really in bad shape)
    4. front shocks replacement -- 10k

Corolla '89 XL po ang kotse.

Speaking of the brakes, pinatignan ko siya early last year and discovered na nag-"kanal" na ung rear drum brakes. Is there any other remedy aside from replacement? Magkano kaya adjustment?

tia

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    1. clutch - mahal
    2. brakes - napakamahal
    3. painting - pwede na pero still can be lowered
    4. shocks - sobrang mahal

Your estimate totals 60k, I don't know if it's labor inclusive pero those items can be done around 45k, parts and labor.

If the last drum check-up was early last year, baka the drum is beyond resurfacing na. A machine shop can determine that. 600 per drum ata plus your nechanic's labor.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pyesa yata ng BMW ilalagay sa kotse mo. Sa clutch parts baka around 5k lang yan, sa brake parts naman normally brake pads and brake shoes lang pinapalitan kahit isama mo pa brake fluid mahal sa 10k yon.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    just exploring as an alternative to buying a new car...

tama po ba kaya ang estimates ko for the ff repair/replacement( parts & labor):

1. clutch plate replacement -- 10k
    2. brake replacement -- 10k
    3. paintjob -- 30k(strip to metal needed imho, it's really in bad shape)
    4. front shocks replacement -- 10k

Corolla '89 XL po ang kotse.

Speaking of the brakes, pinatignan ko siya early last year and discovered na nag-"kanal" na ung rear drum brakes. Is there any other remedy aside from replacement? Magkano kaya adjustment?

tia
    Just curious, are having the work done at the Toyota casa?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    o btw, i plan to have all the electricals replaced...mga 6-7k siguro?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Just curious, are having the work done at the Toyota casa?

um, actually, just making a rough estimate of the budget i'll need for the repairs. Baka kasi me ibang "surprises" pa while inaayos ung parts mentioned.

After reading all those casa horror stories here in tsikot...siguro itinakwil nyo na ako pag sa casa ako nagpagawa :p

Initially i was planning to get a new car, but lately i realized na twice, thrice tops, lang siya magagamit in one week(i've been planning to "explore" new places, but really, who has the time these days?), so i'm having second thoughts about plunking down 600-700k for a ride that will most likely die of rust rather than overuse.

The paint is in real bad shape so i can understand my other siblings' concerns, especially when meeting clients and such. So we're exploring this option as a compromise.

On one hand, the engine is pretty much solid; on the other, after spending all that money, you still end up with a 20+ year old car....and i've already plunked down around 60k for repairs here and there.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about a compromise? Instead of buying a new car, how about buying a 2 or 3 year old car instead? It's new enough to have no issues with wear & tear and its price will definitely be much cheaper after getting over the initial depreciation in value.

Example, you can buy a 2008 Corolla Altis 1.6M/T for 550K or a 2005 Altis 1.6 A/T for 440K.

http://www.buyandsellph.com/index.ph...rch/316/page/2

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    1. Buying a new car may be too steep considering usage;
    2. Repairing and maintaining an '89 car may be unwise in the long run because no matter what you do, the vehicle has reached and gone over its normal service life. Engine may soon show hints of weariness, underchassis may start to groan for relief, and the body has had over 20 years of road rattle, shock and rust..

solution: get a late 90's or an early 2000 model that would suit a reasonable budget for you!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    tama silang lahat tol... if you have the enough mollah to buy a quite newer car.. para less headaches on maintenance and repairs... but if not... what the hell i love old school cars...restore it to its optimum condition and it will take you few more years.

hirap kasi sa mga newer cars today, taken from old timer car enthusiasts... sangkatutak na mga kung ano anong sensor nakalagay sa oto ngayon...sabi nya magkaproblema man sa isang sensor....pera na agad...compare sa old cars na wala namang yan mga complicated sensors... tumatakbo naman..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXBadBoy View Post
    hirap kasi sa mga newer cars today, taken from old timer car enthusiasts... sangkatutak na mga kung ano anong sensor nakalagay sa oto ngayon...sabi nya magkaproblema man sa isang sensor....pera na agad...compare sa old cars na wala namang yan mga complicated sensors... tumatakbo naman..
    Sabi nga, along with the technological advancements comes technological headaches as well! That is also why new and more potent headache tablets come into market from time to time. hehe

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ericbalajadia View Post
    Sabi nga, along with the technological advancements comes technological headaches as well! That is also why new and more potent headache tablets come into market from time to time. hehe
    OT:
    * sir ericbalajadia: Napangiti mo talaga ako dito to my otherwise not so pleasant mode. Thanks..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
need estimates for repairs