The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Good day mga bossing,

Magpapa- undercoat po kasi ako [Avanza 2007], nagtanong nadin po ako sa

mga shops. Ok na po ba ang 5,500 na undercoating sa Avanza? [5L na WURTH

po ang gagamitin]

Tanong nadin po, kung ano mas maganda. 3M or WURTH?

Thank you so much! More power sa tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkogigolo View Post
    Good day mga bossing,

po ang gagamitin]

if your car underwent EDP (electrolytic deposit painting), meaning, the whole mainframe and accessory panels were dipped in electrically charged tub of paint, there is no need for this specially if the underside is made of galvanized steel. some car manufacturers actually discourage this practice for :1, the undercoat if applied over existing rust or salt spray underchassis actually traps the corrosion, 2, it adds to the weight of the vehicle consequently reducing the fuel efficiency. in addition to edp, newer cars use poly urethane sealants between panels joined together

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    kung lulumain na sasakyan mo (gaya nung sakin), ok lang...kung bago pa not worth it....

what i did to the chassis on my ride is sprayed Turco rust converter then sprayed black primer paint. all DIY.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    if your car underwent EDP (electrolytic deposit painting), meaning, the whole mainframe and accessory panels were dipped in electrically charged tub of paint, there is no need for this specially if the underside is made of galvanized steel. some car manufacturers actually discourage this practice for :1, the undercoat if applied over existing rust or salt spray underchassis actually traps the corrosion, 2, it adds to the weight of the vehicle consequently reducing the fuel efficiency. in addition to edp, newer cars use poly urethane sealants between panels joined together
    x2 on this.

Having the car under washed regularly (once or twice a year) is a better option IMO (to wash off the moisture trapping mud/gunk) in preventing rust.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I bought last december 2010 a brandnew Ford Ranger Trekker, I live near the sea. Car usually parked in a garage with a roof and a cement wall which shields the car from direct sea breeze. Garage is about 200 meters from the sea. I built a wash ramp and wash (using pressure washer) the under carriage once a week and the body also once or sometimes twice a week.

I looked under and the galvanized floor panels of the car don't have paint on it.

Under these circumtances, do I need undercoat? If yes, can anyone recommend a good undercoater somewhere in Quezon City area? I'm from Samar province and would be going to the said City where we have a second home sometime next month. Would appreciate your ideas. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    I bought last december 2010 a brandnew Ford Ranger Trekker, I live near the sea. Car usually parked in a garage with a roof and a cement wall which shields the car from direct sea breeze. Garage is about 200 meters from the sea. I built a wash ramp and wash (using pressure washer) the under carriage once a week and the body also once or sometimes twice a week.

I looked under and the galvanized floor panels of the car don't have paint on it.

Under these circumtances, do I need undercoat? If yes, can anyone recommend a good undercoater somewhere in Quezon City area? I'm from Samar province and would be going to the said City where we have a second home sometime next month. Would appreciate your ideas. Thanks!

your best bet will be to apply wheel bearing grease or molten paraffin or floor paste wax to the panels prone or vulnerable to rusting. in tight places where you can not access with a brush, use spray lithium based grease. the grease you coated the panels will somewhat harden up a little and seal the panels from oxygen- the main ingredient for steel to rust

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkogigolo View Post
    Good day mga bossing,

po ang gagamitin]

You can try sa Shell esp the shop na may lifter sila, they also do this eh.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    your best bet will be to apply wheel bearing grease or molten paraffin or floor paste wax to the panels prone or vulnerable to rusting. in tight places where you can not access with a brush, use spray lithium based grease. the grease you coated the panels will somewhat harden up a little and seal the panels from oxygen- the main ingredient for steel to rust
    Thanks Jick. I've been researching on this subject quite a while and your suggestion is quite unique from most that i read. When you say "apply to the panels..." do you mean floor panels? It's the one without paint on it.

As it is now, It seems i'm not inclined to do undercoating coz there seems to be many against it citing the "..once chipped or cracked by debri from road, it will allow and retain water/moisture and may lead to rust.." theory.

Since I'm not in any way the handyman type, do you know anyone or a shop who offer such a service as you outlined above? Don't this kind of "sealing" protection will eventually be vulnerable to the "...once chipped & cracked it will allow water..." theory above?

Should re-application is a must, how often? Thanks again and hope to hear from others.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    Thanks Jick. I've been researching on this subject quite a while and your suggestion is quite unique from most that i read. When you say "apply to the panels..." do you mean floor panels? It's the one without paint on it.

As it is now, It seems i'm not inclined to do undercoating coz there seems to be many against it citing the "..once chipped or cracked by debri from road, it will allow and retain water/moisture and may lead to rust.." theory.

Since I'm not in any way the handyman type, do you know anyone or a shop who offer such a service as you outlined above? Don't this kind of "sealing" protection will eventually be vulnerable to the "...once chipped & cracked it will allow water..." theory above?

Should re-application is a must, how often? Thanks again and hope to hear from others.

the most vulnerable areas are the radiator frame, the wheel wells and the areas behind the rear tires. make sure too, that the drain holes at the bottom of the doors, rocker panels and the quarter panels are not clogged and free to drain water. the areas outlined above as vulnerable, you can apply grease with a paint brush

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    lithium grease? i'll try that one....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need Advise about UNDERCOATING