New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    [SIZE=2]hello po! im a female newbie car owner and tsikoteer.

i bought a 93' honda hatchback last month.palibhasa 1st car,nadala ako ng excitement, yung nabili ko d pla kagandahan,dami tinago na sira.i had to have the wheels aligned,the oil,horns,wipers,panel and bushings changed,etc. jst want to know kung ano dapat kong i-prioritize para mapaganda car ko.:

* mechanical/electrical repairs (me sira kc makina,naghahalo oil & water,overhaul or engine change?)
    * paint job (may mga bula n kasi,dont know if its just from the previous paint job or kung rust na and i want to change the color from yellowgreen to probably black or gun metal or yellow. tapos the hood kc has a cf LOOK lang, i want it to hav the same color as the entire car)
    * body repair (me dents and crack na yung bumper ko,ako me kasalanan ,and some scratches. i also wanna mod my head and tail lights.im plannin 2 buy sir jericho's r32 skyline tail lights if its still available)
    * interior (i want the entire interior modified, pa-upholster ang seats, buy new steering wheel, and everything)
    * any other thing that i failed to mention

please help me. i just want my new-old car to look and feel good inside-out and to finally be proud of it coz i bought it with my own hard-earned cash.

many thanks in advance!
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs View Post
    [SIZE=2]

* mechanical/electrical repairs (me sira kc makina,naghahalo oil & water,overhaul or engine change?)
    * paint job (may mga bula n kasi,dont know if its just from the previous paint job or kung rust na and i want to change the color from yellowgreen to probably black or gun metal or yellow. tapos the hood kc has a cf LOOK lang, i want it to hav the same color as the entire car)
    * body repair (me dents and crack na yung bumper ko,ako me kasalanan ,and some scratches. i also wanna mod my head and tail lights.im plannin 2 buy sir jericho's r32 skyline tail lights if its still available)
    * interior (i want the entire interior modified, pa-upholster ang seats, buy new steering wheel, and everything)
    * any other thing that i failed to mention

[/SIZE]
    Congrats on buying your own car. Prioritize the mechanical and electrical problems first. the rest are all just aesthetic and easy to remedy.

Stickers DO NOT add hp.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Congrats on your new ride. Yep, fix what NEEDS to be fixed first. If your paint isn't too bad you can just get a hilamos/washover. You got a pic of your car?
    Interior, you can get some detailing done, and sometimes, that makes a world of difference. Leather seats would give it a nice look also.

One of the best "pogi points" things I did to my car, is add a sound system. If you want attention, and at the same time enjoy your money spent, get a sound system. If you go with a budget sound system, you can get a bang for the buck system. I spent no more than 17K total for Headunit, speakers, subwoofer, box, amp, wires and install. If you got a stereo already that you like, subtract 5,000 from that number. Mine is a SPL setup, sound pressure level. But, if you go SQ Sound Quality, it will be a little bit more cheaper.

The cars that catch my attention, are the really clean looking cars. Nothing that tries to shout out too much. Less is more.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ganyan talaga pag first time.. gusto mo mag drive nlang..

first priority is the engine then.. electrical wiring - aircon - engine suspension and iba sa last nlang yan.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    wow! thanks a lot for your help cablespy,KrisKros and finchy18.

im taking my car sa casa tomorrow,pa-evaluate ko na lahat ng dapat para no more surprises (baka may nakatago pang sira e) at paayos na din pro di na sa casa (mahal e). baka po may alam kayo na mechanic/shop na ok gumawa at di ako tatagain? im near las pinas and bacoor.

Salamt po ulet sa advice!:clap:

p.s. if i opt 4 engine change instead of an overhaul, where can i buy a good quality but not sooo expensive na engine?

ill be posting a pic of my "baby" real soon!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i2 na po ang pic ng "work-in-progress" ko.
    tell me watchatink!

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Leng/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Leng/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Nice Civic there Legs! Just keep her clean and tidy ,I usually go for bigger and lower profile aftermarket wheels as my initial upgrade, then the sound system
    Last edited by the josh; April 2nd, 2007 at 06:00 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Mag ingat ka kung sa casa mo papatingin yan, kung ano anong mga parts ang sasabihin na kelangan na palitan kahit ayos pa naman, suggest ko punta ka na lang sa ibang reputable shops.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    have this first checked. you may want to have it done outside the casa. imho, its cheaper.
    check the roof for bubbles and rusts forming, this part of the body is very prone to rust.

have this last on your list, cosmetic upgrades. :D

gathers... gathers.. gathers :D

Need advice magpaganda ng 2nd hand car!