New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jazcker View Post
    1.6 engine nababagalan pa siya. baka kulang lang sa diskarte. gaya nga ng sabi mo bagito pa...

bro 1.3l lang ang 2e engine ng xe 98 model nya hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    . anu ba mgandang klase ng brakes pang upgrade and san pwede magpakabit tsaka price? regarding suspensions napansin ko kase baksak na rear right suspension, tpos yung right front side naman mukhang ok naman pro pag nasa driver seat ka parang flat yung gulong(pro hindi talaga flat gulong ah) or parang lowered,. anu ba mgandang ipang upgrade sa stock suspensions, price and kung san pwede magpa kabit.?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    bendix brand, cruven okay magpakabit. Have it checked by them also, malamang sira na ang shocks bro. KYB is an affordable brand of shock absorbers.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I forgot to add, when replacing shock absorbers, replace both left and right sides. Para pantay. Kasi if you replace only one side, sisirain lang din ang isang luma. Hope this helps . .

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance1223 View Post
    bro 1.3l lang ang 2e engine ng xe 98 model nya hehehe
    ah ganun ba? 1.3 lang ba 98 model...napasunod kasi ako kay sir galactus...heheh
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Hehehe, bagong driver lang tapos nababagalan na agad sa stock engine nya na 1.6L. Gusto agad magpa-engine swap to silvertop or blacktop na ~160HP. Kids these days...
    ganun pa man, when i drive a 1.3 engine sa nlex it can reach up 130kph...at hindi na mabagal yun. the passengers are 3 adults and 3 children.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hay naku. Kids these days.

Best to treat cars like motorcycles: You work your way up the power/displacement table as you gain experience. Your bro has to learn how to control the power effectively first before he can play with more of it, and power is nothing without control.

+1 ako sa suggestions sa brakes and suspension. Too many "kids" look at power and engine mods when in local traffic conditions you'll hardly get to use those. The brakes and suspension, you use everyday but are underappreciated.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    bendix brand, cruven okay magpakabit. Have it checked by them also, malamang sira na ang shocks bro. KYB is an affordable brand of shock absorbers.
    bro san yung cruven? hehehe sa taytay rizal pa kase ako, baka malayo nyan

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I agree with many of the posters in this thread. Why not look at the other essential components of the car first? i.e. the brakes, suspension, transmission, and steering.

The level of satisfaction with 4a-ge's, and other used performance engines, vary depending on the condition of the block. Sure it's fast and fun - if it is working perfectly.

My sister has a widebody corolla with a silvertop. It's hard to drive (definitely not for a beginner), vulnerable to water (just recently they drove over a puddle at a relatively high speed - ngayon "pumupugak pugak" nanaman, rough pa ang idle, at namamatayan lagi), requires fully synthetic oil, and needs to be checked and tuned on a regular basis.

otherwise ang ganda nung tunog pag nasa 7,000 rpm na.

Also, to take full advantage of the engine, other components need to be replaced as well - the axle, headers, exhaust pipe, intake filter, etc etc.

besides, in the middle of a jam, even the fastest car only moves at a snail's pace.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    I agree with many of the posters in this thread. Why not look at the other essential components of the car first? i.e. the brakes, suspension, transmission, and steering.

The level of satisfaction with 4a-ge's, and other used performance engines, vary depending on the condition of the block. Sure it's fast and fun - if it is working perfectly.

My sister has a widebody corolla with a silvertop. It's hard to drive (definitely not for a beginner), vulnerable to water (just recently they drove over a puddle at a relatively high speed - ngayon "pumupugak pugak" nanaman, rough pa ang idle, at namamatayan lagi), requires fully synthetic oil, and needs to be checked and tuned on a regular basis.

otherwise ang ganda nung tunog pag nasa 7,000 rpm na.

Also, to take full advantage of the engine, other components need to be replaced as well - the axle, headers, exhaust pipe, intake filter, etc etc.

besides, in the middle of a jam, even the fastest car only moves at a snail's pace.
    bro san ba mganda mag pa check/upgrade ng suspensions, brakes, etc from taytay ako, my ma recomend ba kayo? yung hindi ako lolokohin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
need advice