New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just noticed last night that my temperature gauge is not working. As in nandun lang yung needle sa baba.

I checked the engine, la naman kakaiba and di naman ako nag o-overheat

Saan po kaya problema nito?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    correct me if dis is wrong(pero it works or tsamba lng) sakin ginagawa ko pag ayaw umandar yan dinidiinan(baka lumuwag) ko yun mgaa fuse sa fuse box tapos aandar na.

para sakin mas ok pa hindi umandar yun speed indicator hwag lng yan temperature gauge kasi dilekado baka tumirik

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Artpogi: If the temp gauge you are referring to is your engine/coolant temperature then you should have it fix asap. If there is any particular season you should avoid getting this thing busted that is today. Its summer time and the traffic we have here are not a good combination when it comes to engine temperature control. Leaving it busted might lead you to engine overheating without you noticing it in advance. Locate your engine temp sending (sensor) unit and find out if it is still working. This procedure might help you to check the sensor if it still working:
    - Remove the sensor from the engine, unscrew it from engine block and disconnect the electrical terminal:
    - Connect the Multitester probes to the terminal of the sending unit. Depending on the sending unit type some have two terminals other have one. For single terminal sending unit connect one probe to the terminal while the other on the body (ground) of the sending unit.
    - Check for the change in resistance on your multitester while you raise the temperature of the sending unit by either immersing the unit on boiling water or using a blow heat gun (I use hair blower).
    - There should be corresponding increase/decrease of resistance with respect the change in temperature of the sensor. If there is no change in resistance then your sending unit is already dead. Otherwise, it is still functional and you have other source of the problem. Usually it is the busted sending unit or some open wire as mentioned by Boy Dapa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *FieldMaster

Sir, my thermostat is less than 1 yr. old (OEM) and my cooling system was flushed/cleaned (including the radiator) at the same time I replaced my thermostat.

Di ko pa nasilip pero di ba may sensor (sending unit) yun banda sa may upperhose ng radiator going to the engine?

My Temperature Gauge is not working