New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi Guys, need some advice.
    Having some overheating problems, I have a 04 camry 2.0

The mechanic said that the a/c fan and rediator fan has two speed and runs depending on the temperature. but runs on a lowspeed instead of needed highspeed once the car reaches above optimum operating temperature that's why the car overheats.

This only happens when i've been driving long or stuck in traffic in the middle of the day, upon checking i can see that both fun runs a little low. the overheating calms down when i run at a cruising speed.

In the normal city driving, everything is ok the fun runs both on high and low.

thermostat or relay?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Cabrera View Post
    Hi Guys, need some advice.
    Having some overheating problems, I have a 04 camry 2.0

The mechanic said that the a/c fan and rediator fan has two speed and runs depending on the temperature. but runs on a lowspeed instead of needed highspeed once the car reaches above optimum operating temperature that's why the car overheats.

This only happens when i've been driving long or stuck in traffic in the middle of the day, upon checking i can see that both fun runs a little low. the overheating calms down when i run at a cruising speed.

In the normal city driving, everything is ok the fun runs both on high and low.

thermostat or relay?

04 camry with 2.0 liter engine? where is the country of origin? was it assembled in the philippines or nagoya? do these two fans run at half speed with the aircon on or off? try unplugging the fan thermoswitch with the engine running, the radiator fan should run at full speed. the closest diagram to your description i have is that of 2000 camry ce with 2.2 liter engine. if it is, there are three fan relays

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    check mo lang lang private message ko sayu tnx

My camry engine cooling system prob.