New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The last problem you'll have is when people say it sounds deep maybe to you it won't, and I don't know of a way for sellers to test them, especially here on a forum where you just base your decision on replies by others. Not that they're not credible, but your ears are your best tools to tell if it's good enough for you or not (or your children too). Good luck

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant_VR_94 View Post
    For me, id stick to the stock muffler na lang. Would you really be willing to compromise your child's comfort in exchange for additional "pogi points"

Just my 2 cents.....
    Ang kuya ko talaga. For the record, Galant_VR_94 is my cousin. Medyo nagmemelow na kasi sya. Di tulad dati notorius karerista on his Blue-printed SR.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    The last problem you'll have is when people say it sounds deep maybe to you it won't, and I don't know of a way for sellers to test them, especially here on a forum where you just base your decision on replies by others. Not that they're not credible, but your ears are your best tools to tell if it's good enough for you or not (or your children too). Good luck
    That will be another dilemma then. I need to clean my ears then.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The best way to tell is to buy at a muffler shop, where they can cut off your current muffler and hold the new one up to the exhaust pipe, so you can hear it.

My kid can still sleep in the back despite my muffler (and the modified exhaust system attached to it...) but the missus absolutely hates it...

If you're not going all-the-way, a muffler alone doesn't really do much. I'd rather spend that money on a mild set of headers or an intake system.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I guess I just want a deep sound. That's all. Headers and Air intake would be added someday.... when I'm often low... LOL

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Headers + stock exhaust = a nice raspy, exhaust note.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Really now. I didn't know that. 4-1 headers or 4-2-1 headers? Branded or kahit locally made?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Teka hindi ba ang JASMA-certified mufflers dapat tahimik?

JASMA is a regulatory body in Japan that governs, among other things, the noise levels of mufflers/exhausts. JASMA is not a manufacturer. They will certify your muffler for street use or race use.

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/archive/index.php/t-55817.html

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post

JASMA is a regulatory body in Japan that governs, among other things, the noise levels of mufflers/exhausts. JASMA is not a manufacturer. They will certify your muffler for street use or race use.

AFAIK, yes.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post

Well, "tahimik" is a very subjective term. To some people the rumble of a fart-can exhaust is enough to give them mild palpitations already.

-----

To the threadstarter, just bring your children when buying a muffler. Let them hear the said muffler before it is welded/installed to your exhaust.

bigbigcar.com Review: Hyundai Tucson 4x2 CRDi 2.0 A/T

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Muffler Dilemma. Please Advice.