New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paulopel
    it added 15hp, because headers to mufflers tanabe exhaust plus air filter. ayoko lang si nash palagay ng straight pipe kasi baka magsisi sya kasi baka magtunog jeep, napakaingay...hehee

like I asked, how did you measure those additional 15HP from your headers & 5HP from your air-filter?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frt
    ILD: I think he was referring to the comfort ride. The ASTRA can reach 160kph and stilll feel comfortable. Wala naman siyang sinabi na "Sinibak" nang Astra mga jap cars u mentioned.

The japs just feel like "tin metal cans" at this speed.

I share the same opinion to. I drove an Astra for a 1 year. A Corolla before that.
    Yup, that's what i mean.

Astra shares quite similar dynamics with the BMW E36 316i... it's not much on the acceleration side but the gearings (which is typical German) will make it cruise easily at highway speeds and the heft/suspension travel also makes for a solid ride. Each car still has it's strengths... down side to that car is that it's soo friggin high maintainance based on my experience (thankfully I don't own it and just maintained it for someone).

My opinion, it wouldnt be worth it really to spend too much on improving the performance... just go with the basic bolt-ons then get Bilstein shocks plus aftermarket pads.
    Last edited by vinj; March 11th, 2005 at 09:35 AM.

IMO A 160kph cruising speed is a bit of a stretch for an Astra, maybe for a stretch but not a constant speed.

IMO to have a solid ride at high speeds, you should have good suspension, low center of gravity, good set of brakes, performance tires, and good aerodynamics (for that all important downforce) , I don't think helf or weight has anything to do with it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    160 constant speed on astra... good and stable.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    nash, ecu is located under dashpad driver side..meron ka tech2? pahiram! hehehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hehe.. wala.. got a mod chip want to try it out..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    nash magkano mod chip? tnx

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ay huwow! pupwede kaya yan satin?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    like I asked, how did you measure those additional 15HP from your headers & 5HP from your air-filter?
    ditto... still waiting

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    IMO A 160kph cruising speed is a bit of a stretch for an Astra, maybe for a stretch but not a constant speed.

IMO to have a solid ride at high speeds, you should have good suspension, low center of gravity, good set of brakes, performance tires, and good aerodynamics (for that all important downforce) , I don't think helf or weight has anything to do with it.
    pre... Opels can cruise upto 200kph (will just take them a LOOOONG time to get there). read this in C! when they where in Germany and was cruising in the authobahn.

and also, newer jap cars can also cruise comfortably at 160kph (with just an OEM spoiler).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
modz for opel astra