New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by natasatanas
    yep, a dyno run can truly verify gains. magkano na ngayon dyno testing? sa autoplus edsa (?)
    I think its P5000 for baseline runs (no tuning)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ang alam ko lang 10HP lang kapag nag full exhaust ka from headers to muffler yun..yun yung mga imported ones like tanabe,5 zigen atbp..Sabi nga sa Auto Extreme nung sinet up nila yung Civic na Esi dun "you'll gain 10HP"..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    it added 15hp, because headers to mufflers tanabe exhaust plus air filter. ayoko lang si nash palagay ng straight pipe kasi baka magsisi sya kasi baka magtunog jeep, napakaingay...hehee

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Question... would a Chevy 1800 engine fit in a Opel Astra?

The Astra is really more of a highway cruiser rather than a speed demon... you really can't make much to make it win stop light races... :P However, once you're on a highway, i'm sure you'll feel better at 160kph vs. the lowered Civic/Lancer/Corolla/Sentra next to you. ;)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    medyo alangin din sa drag pero lamang sa highway...what about the 1800cc engine fitting in the astra? why?

Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Question... would a Chevy 1800 engine fit in a Opel Astra?

The Astra is really more of a highway cruiser rather than a speed demon... you really can't make much to make it win stop light races... :P However, once you're on a highway, i'm sure you'll feel better at 160kph vs. the lowered Civic/Lancer/Corolla/Sentra next to you. ;)
    Really Now? How so? What model Civic/Lancer/Corolla/Sentra are we talking about? baka yung mga carb sinibak mo. lets see the Astra has around 105 horses weighs around 1100 - 1300+kgs, The 1.6 Civic has 130 horses and weighs around 1100 - 1200+kbs has the I-Vtec, the Altis 1.6 has 118 horses and weighs 1000 - 1100+kgs, the Lancer has 110 horses and weighs 1100 - 1155kgs, the 1.6 sentra has 116 horses and weighs 1100 - 1168kgs. Based on these numbers alone I don't see an Opel Astra winning againts any of the vehicles you mentioned. The Astra has the least amount of HP and is the heaviest among the group = slowwww car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ILD: I think he was referring to the comfort ride. The ASTRA can reach 160kph and stilll feel comfortable. Wala naman siyang sinabi na "Sinibak" nang Astra mga jap cars u mentioned.

The japs just feel like "tin metal cans" at this speed.

I share the same opinion to. I drove an Astra for a 1 year. A Corolla before that.

Thanks for the clarification... I was thinking the same thing after I posted thing but its engine must be screaming at 160kph with all that weight and an underpowered engine, I wouldn't be confortable with that IMO.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    thanks for the info everyone.. got couple of recomends from other EU forms to increase BHP hope it works. anyone knows where i can have an inlet-pipe custom made bigger so that it sucks more air in? with new panel filters i should get good hp increase plus exhaust. I do agree that astra is heavy not really going to race with anyone just want to get good speed. hopefully I can do superchip, bodystyling and cam/heads soon.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    btw. does anyone know where the ECU and the IAT are located?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
modz for opel astra