New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    15 hp from exhaust mods only, dream on. why dont you try nitrous even 50 hp is attainable.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Baka sira yung dyno (kung nagpa-dyno nga)... hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, paulopel... how did you measure that 15HP gain from your headers & 5Hp gain from your K&N filter upgrade? seat of the pants?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    inaykupo...may issue 'to.

prends po tayo ha?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To be honest, unless your car has forced induction, or and a really restrictive intake and exhaust, 15hp from the Tanabe and 5 hp from the K&N is quite unrealistic. A dyno run can verify this.

Seriously, if you want to get major hp gains from an Astra (which is not that supported by the "aftermarket" dealers locally), be prepared to shell out serious amounts of PPP... it may just be better to sell it and buy a local Jap sedan.

If you really want to push the car, then a turbo seems to be the most cost-effective outlet... kung minor mods lang, then go for a free-flow intake and exhaust.

Don't forget about at least upgrading your brake pads and shocks as well. ;)

natasatanas: bro wala naman umaaway sa yo dito... its just that a 15HP gain on headers alone on a 1600cc engine is just too good to be true, same with the 5HP gain on a KNN air filter. Ghosthunter is just curious how paulopel knew about the 15HP gain, Did he dyno'd his ride? Did he get a before and after result? I doubt it, magkano ba magpadyno ngayon? 5000 petot diba? now why would you waste 5000 on a stock 1600cc car na di mo naman ikakarera? Gets?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    yep, a dyno run can truly verify gains. magkano na ngayon dyno testing? sa autoplus edsa (?) lang ata meron dito nyan.
    thats what i have in mind din vinj...a little sumthin to make it a bit faster lang than the usual, yung di ka lang mabibitin, as the stock engine gives out a meager 99hp ata.

any ideas kung ilan kaya gains pag I/H/E?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    probably 3-5% total.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    natasatanas: bro wala naman umaaway sa yo dito... its just that a 15HP gain on headers alone on a 1600cc engine is just too good to be true, same with the 5HP gain on a KNN air filter. Ghosthunter is just curious how paulopel knew about the 15HP gain, Did he dyno'd his ride? Did he get a before and after result? I doubt it, magkano ba magpadyno ngayon? 5000 petot diba? now why would you waste 5000 on a stock 1600cc car na di mo naman ikakarera? Gets?

i know po sir la away sakin, and la rin ako inaaway...la lang, naalala ko lang yung post ni paulopel before that made a really really *ehem*. hihihi...peace po!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti
    probably 3-5% total.
    toink! maliit pa rin! hehehe! at least nag-try! hehehe! tnx po!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
modz for opel astra