New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I saw sa mga naka kia pride na naka lagay na engine ay B6 DOHC na engine.

My question is what kind of engine can I put in my suzuki fronte that will fit to make my car run faster?

My engine is just a 3 cylinder 4 stroke engine carb pa siya.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    think twice about engine changes, you will need to change shocks, brakes, wheels, tires, engine mounts, & have reliability problems. Why not twin carbs, open element filters, headers, freeflow exhausts...medyo old school but effective & reliable. You can ask bike tuners how they modify their engines, they're experts at making small engines run like hell.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I was thinking since my car is 3 cylinder pwede ba yung multicab engine?
    Some people are saying that hindi daw pwede twin carbs sa car ko.
    May mga mods na ako like:
    Custom headers and muffler
    Blue thunder Hi-tension wire
    5' splitfire tachometer
    Sparco sprint blue racing seats with 4 point sablet seat belt

Engine na lang ang kulang
    What kind of open element filters yung circular type or the cone type air filter?
    Someone approach me one day that the circular type filter is not effective then sinabi naman niya mas maganda at effective kung solex single carb lagay ko.
    Sarap kase modify ang maliit na kotse matipid pa rin sa gas at maliit lang ang gas tank niya...heheh
    San ba nabibili ang solex na single carb so that I'll try to put in my engine kung kaysa?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    If you can get a 1000cc jimny engine ( baka turbo pa) you're in luck.Maybe you can adapt weber carbs from an old cortina in your 3 cyl. Its been done by a Zuk racer. Cone types are more effective since air is rammed thru but a good round one is more efficient than the ordinary paper filter. Just dont get the ones with cheap foam, they end up in the engine. Think K&N. I used to play around with a Starlet & I know the feeling of lusting after speed. You're quite admirable

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    If you can get a 1000cc jimny engine ( baka turbo pa) you're in luck.Maybe you can adapt weber carbs from an old cortina in your 3 cyl. Its been done by a Zuk racer. Cone types are more effective since air is rammed thru but a good round one is more efficient than the ordinary paper filter. Just dont get the ones with cheap foam, they end up in the engine. Think K&N. I used to play around with a Starlet & I know the feeling of lusting after speed. You're quite admirable

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Maganda nga sana yung jimny na engine na turbo pa but I think the jimny engine is quite big and has 4 cylinders in it..
    San ba nabibili yung mga old cortina na carbs? wala na bang bagong weber carbs ng ford cortina?
    How can I install those cone types since my engine uses carburator? Can you name me shops that can do this kind of set up?
    I'll try to install a multicab engine on my car Im hoping it will fit.My dad's friend who has a body repair shop told me that my car will be different since I'm going to install a multicab engine in my old suzuki fronte.:D

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    GS, try calling Anson at Filcarrozeria. He can advise you & hook you up with speed demons. Tell him Doc Rick referred you. New webers are kinda expensive & since you are in an experimental stage, baka mapamahal. Most of the guys i know are offroaders so I'm not sure if they can help. Sammy engines come in 660cc also & may fit. The multicab engine may work, it is modified like a bike also. If things dont work out, get a 96 sentra & stick in a 2.0 engine. Good luck & pls give an update, intriga ako sa project mo!l

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Sana pwede gawin kong rear wheel ang fronte since a starlet was originally made front wheel when they replace a newer and higher engine naging rear wheel siya ...
    I think a weber cost 8,000-10,000 sabi lang ito ng iba kong kilala.Hindi pa ako nakakakita ng itsura na weber nor solex pero try ko maghanap sa net..
    How much is the multicab engine?
    Tawagan ko na lang sila kapag nakabili na ako ng multicab engine.:D
    Excited na ako.heheh.Sana bumilis na itong fronte ko..:D

Modifying an 85 model Suzuki Fronte