New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just checked our company cars this morning. I found out that most, if not all our vehicles are overdue for their tune-ups.

How bad is it if a car is late 3T kms for its tune-up?

How about if it completely missed its tune-up?

What are the things we should do to 'remedy' the damage that could have already taken place?

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As long as it's not missed regularly then it shouldnt be much of a problem... just change the oil/have the vehicles serviced right as soon as possible. Huwag lang matuyuan ng langis or something like that.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, if the cars are pretty new, wala naman ginagawa sa tuneup ng late model cars other than change plugs...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kung sobra tagal na bago na-tune up, mas malakas consumption sa gas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the replies guys!

sirkosero: Yup yan yung napansin ko kaya naisip ko i-check yung mga oto. Biro mo yung mga 1.3L na tsikot talo pa yung 2.0L ng kapatid ko sa lakas sa gasolina.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If they're carbs then you'd want to have the carbs cleaned (check a/f ratio and idling), have the valve tappets adjusted if necessary, and change the plugs and fuel filters if those had not been done in the past 20K.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i don't mind missing plug replacement service but oil should be replaced religiously.

Missing/being late for a tune-up -- How bad is it?