New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi! newbie here.

medyo mahirap buksan un back doors ng car ko... hindi naman kasi madalas nabubukasan kasi lagi lang ako magisa. ano po ba pde gawin para hindi masyado mabigat/mahirap buksan or isara un door.. walang problem sa pagbukas,,dun sa pagopen wide ng door dun po un medyo mahirap or mabigat ipush or pull.

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ponglet View Post
    Hi! newbie here.

medyo mahirap buksan un back doors ng car ko... hindi naman kasi madalas nabubukasan kasi lagi lang ako magisa. ano po ba pde gawin para hindi masyado mabigat/mahirap buksan or isara un door.. walang problem sa pagbukas,,dun sa pagopen wide ng door dun po un medyo mahirap or mabigat ipush or pull.

thanks in advance!
    Check the proper alignment, adjust if nescessary somehow door alingment moved in time. Lubricate door w/ sewing machine lubricant.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Check the proper alignment, adjust if nescessary somehow door alingment moved in time. Lubricate door w/ sewing machine lubricant.
    will definitely try this..thanks!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i have put on sewing machine lubricant and wd40 on my backdoors and i noticed an improvement but its not entirely fixed. when the door is half opened, somehow it paused and i can hear sound when i continue opening the door. how do i check the alignment?

TIA

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    i have put on sewing machine lubricant and wd40 on my backdoors and i noticed an improvement but its not entirely fixed. when the door is half opened, somehow it paused and i can hear sound when i continue opening the door. how do i check the alignment?

TIA
    Adjustment available in the door itself. You can loosen the hinges at the door and moved it as the hinges are bolted into slots that allow for movement. This a two or three persons job, as the door are heavy and will immediately drop to the lowest adjusment sa soon as you loosen the bolts. You will need someone to hold the door in position while you re-tighten the bolts. After that you will need to adjust the striker post on door jamb. It will be mounted to a plate with large phillips screw. You can loosen this screws and tap the striker with hammer up/down or sideways to make door latch well. You will need to do this after you align the hinges. Kaya moto!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Adjustment available in the door itself. You can loosen the hinges at the door and moved it as the hinges are bolted into slots that allow for movement. This a two or three persons job, as the door are heavy and will immediately drop to the lowest adjusment sa soon as you loosen the bolts. You will need someone to hold the door in position while you re-tighten the bolts. After that you will need to adjust the striker post on door jamb. It will be mounted to a plate with large phillips screw. You can loosen this screws and tap the striker with hammer up/down or sideways to make door latch well. You will need to do this after you align the hinges. Kaya moto!
    this will not be an easy thing for me... im a lady po i might have to ask my friends to come over to my house... or go to a reliable auto shop to do this for me.. hayz! akala ko pa naman magagawa ko ito..hehe.. d pala.. ang liit ko pa man din

thanks v6dreamer!

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    this will not be an easy thing for me... im a lady po i might have to ask my friends to come over to my house... or go to a reliable auto shop to do this for me.. hayz! akala ko pa naman magagawa ko ito..hehe.. d pala.. ang liit ko pa man din

thanks v6dreamer!
    You're welcome! Sorry I dont know....well, yea its man's job kinda not really a things for a girl like you. Ask someone can help..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    thanks for the speedy response v6dreamer!!

glad to be a member of this forum.. im learning alot and members are very helpful!

Minor Door Problem