New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hi,

Just would like to share my experience with Minerva sa may filinvest.

In summary so-so lang talaga ang service, just like what someone posted on this thread. Not a shop to be highly recommended. Its a shop to go to if don't have alternatives.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...threadid=14868

Details below:

I wanted to align my car since I change the ball joints, tire rods, etc myself. Having no alignment tool I just used crude measurements. Ok naman walang kabig, etc. Pero since I change a lot of parts I am sure out of alignment na siya.

Before having my car fixed, I ask how much is the most I will spend for a total alignment. Quote was 1,050. So I put my car into the lift, once they where attaching the alignment tools... I was given a quote that its 1,800. Sabi ng first mechanic na nag quote, he thought my car is a Vitara not a Feroza. Forgivable pa siguro kung hindi siya car literate, malayo naman siguro ang Vitara sa Feroza. Also I don't think so na the Feroza is hard to align compared to a Vitara, in fact I can do it myself if I had the alignment tools. Anyway I let this issue pass, kasi baka naman honest mistake ang initial quote.

The mechanic was aligning the car and doing a satisfactory job. I also got the correct values from the service manaul, just to cross check what is in the alignment computer. I was satisfied with how he is progressing and also chatting with him. Then someone came and talked to him, who seems to be the owner (ask him later to verify, he did claim that he is the owner). They where chatting and I overheard that he needs to redo his work. I was happy initially that the owner is making sure that things where ok and have ask the mechanic to redo his stuff. Medyo baguhan din kasi ang mechanic, although I didn't see any problems in what he was doing. It turns out pala the Minerva owner is not satisfied with the mechanic kasi he is making sure that all aspects are aligned, caster, camber, toe. The owner wanted a faster job at the expense of not doing the job as properly as possible.

I also asked the owner why is the total toe only the one they are looking to put into alignment (green zone). He said that the other values are not important, etc. Its the total toe that matters. Yes its true given that the car will run straight, given that the steering is what set while they did the express alignment. I also got only a warranty of 2 weeks?!? Buti pa yung katabi ko sabi ng mechanico na 1 month, medyo umangal nga yung owner bakit 1 month lang. I even ask the owner why do they just give such a short time compared to their competitors, sabi lang niya hindi daw silang ganoon klaseng type of shop.

Anyway I ended up paying for 1,350 kasi 1 toe lang ang charge nila. So so lang ang Minerva, but its sad na ang pagiging hindi pulido comes from the owner itself. Who do you complain too if you see the mechanic is not doing a good job? Utos pala ng owner iyon

They also did not have the intention of putting back the engine side covers (the one that covers the engine for spashes from the wheels). I waited for the last minute until they put everything back, the didn't mind it... its just there on the floor. I just took them home, I did anticipate this so I already have bought new clips to put them back.

This is the only the 2nd time I had experienced their services. First time was a bushing replace (300) for my other truck, I broke 3 sockets trying to pry a nut. I knew they had tools to do the job, so I went there. Ok naman they did the job what I wanted to be done.

Hindi pa naman bad ang service nila, pero if you have another shop to go too don't go to Minerva. Fair lang ang service nila, not a shop to be recommended. Malapit kasi sa mall, was convenient at that time when I had my car fixed, my wife went shopping. Care to share your experience with Minerva on filinvest?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've had mostly good experiences with Minerva in Biñan, but I may be biased, kumpare ko yung manager doon.

I've only had a few emergency jobs done at Filinvest... broken water pump and cracked timing belt on my Mazda. Service was good, but then again, the mechanic was one I knew from the other branch, so he did well by me.

Whenever I have alignment done, mausyoso ako... I always ask about settings and instruct the mechanic if I have some "non-factory" settings in mind. So far, have had no bad experiences with such. Maybe it's just your bad luck that the owner or floor manager is like that... I've never heard of such a thing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    had gotten their service once only. that was the time when i had to replace my four rubbers. ok naman work, ok naman yung mechanic na nagawa ng work.

the only thing i can't forget is that yung owner shouted at his workers in front of his clients because of some miscommunication sa procedures nila. pinagmumumura nya yung mga tao nya in front of other people. i find that unethical. natakot tuloy yung anak ko who was with me that time.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Sayang, shop has good equipment and it seems ok naman ang mechanics. Oh well hindi naman sila bad, sayang lang may potential sana ang shop.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Isumbong ko kaya yun sa kapatid niya sa Minerva Biñan... hehehe...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We have an HCP member that had a broken engine knock sensor courtesy of Minerva. they admitted their fault, but took weeks to replace the said part.

Minerva exprience