New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    medyo madami na kasi akong aksidente involving my fingers/hands; being one that doesn't believe in pushing one's own luck, i'm thinking about getting a pair. the ones in local hardware shops don't seem to do the trick though, di kasi ganun kaganda ung fit.

i've seen quite a few "mechanic" gloves(Mechanix, Ringers) on online shops, pero just wondering if the fit is really good or not. does anyone own a pair?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    People in most U.S. boards swear by 'em. Is there any local place that sells them? Any idea on the price?

I use a pair of leather/canvas combo gloves when working. It makes simple jobs turn difficult. Like when you are threading a nut, bolt, or screw. Good luck. The gloves do not allow you to precisely control and feel what is on your hand.

Now, I just wear gloves when working on a hot engine or when trying to remove stubborn nuts/bolts.

Don't forget to wear goggles, too.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    they're decent but don't expect them to last too long if you use them everyday. kung paminsan minsan ok lang. movement is slightly restricted pero not as bad as the leather ones.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    like Otep, i find it next to impossible to work with nuts and bolts while wearing any gloves other than latex. and of course, latex is useless for protection (other than during :***: of course). it's actually ok for light jobs where it won't rip and your primary objective is to not get dirty (like engine detailing for example).

around the house, though, my general purpose work gloves are awesome. they protect my hands from getting mangled when i'm drilling or putting up hurricane shutters, and i don't have to touch the icky stuff when gardening.

for working on your auto? not so useful imo.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I like latex, they're disposable too.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I used mechanic gloves everytime I work on heavy stuff like removing lug nuts or using power tools and they are good in protecting your hands, but re-installing parts that needs a good dixterity (spelling?) I use baseball gloves. They are not really thick leather and has elastic backing that really make tight fit in your hand. I buy them by the dozen after the baseball season.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I usually use the cheap P5 per pair na gloves made of cotton thread (parang ginanstillo)....tapos merun din version ito na plastic or rubber coated yung palm side (mas mahal ng kaunti). Available ito sa ACE, True Value and even sa suking paint/hardware store.

Yung kakilala ko na mechanic will usually cut about an inch sa tip ng thumb and index fingers para mas madali sa grip and feel ng tornillo or others.

Hindi lang siya maganda kung ma-eexpose sa liquid like gaas or fuel yung ganitong gloves kasi it get soaked. Anyway madali magpalit dahil mura lang.

Yung matyaga kang mag-laba pede ring re-usuable ito until the garter worns out.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    came across this while browsing yesterday:

http://automotive.gojo.com/products/....asp?cat_id=26

i think it's made of nylon instead of cotton, with some rubber coating sa palm side. parang disposable ata, 'coz they're sellin it in bulk

"mechanic" gloves