New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gud day sa lahat. Lyk to ask lang ano dapat gagawin pag mag change ng automatic transmission fluid ng Mitsu Adventure. Other than pinapalitan ang fluid may transmission filter rin ba na dapat palitan. thnks! inputs nyo very much appreciated....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    for the most part all you need is the fluid. if the atf remains clean then normally there isn't much trapped in the filter. kung napabayaan tho replacing/cleaning the filter is a good idea.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sakin mga 30k sa odo pinapalitan ko na fluid. Fluid lang papalitan. Ibababa yung atf fluid reservoir, drain the old fluid, clean the oil pan, apply gasket maker and re-assemble. Wait for the sealant to dry then fill with new atf.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    that's the correct procedure assuming there is an atf oil pan, some trannies have the filter inside kasi and will require pulling down the tranny pa.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks ill have mine done this sunday na....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ask ko lang po what if you fill yout A/T the wrong type of fluid. what could possibly happen or symptoms that may occur maybe?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    drain it immediately and refill with the correct one. look at the manual always before filling.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    after nag fluid change 3 bottles of ATF was bought sa shell. may extra ako isa linagay ng mechanic sa likod ng auto. pag dating ko sa bahay tinignan ko Shell DONAX TM yung ATF wala dexron/dexronII specification. I guess i got the wrong fluid in my tranny, pero i havent notice anything yet for about a week. is it ok to continue using this type of fluid in my tranny or it may cause lots of problems. cause if ok lang hindi na ako mag palit ATF.

Matic Fluid Change!