New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    some of my friends have their carbs tuned up in kamuning recently.

one of the things done was they replace the jets of the carbs to smaller numbered ones. ( i pressume this means smaller jets).
    after this procedure my friends claim that their mileage improve around 10-30%

does this mean the the car now runs with a leaner a/f mixture? may bad effect ba ito sa engine?

thnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dati nang gawa yan sa mga taxis, they replace the carb jet with a smaller jet. yes it makes the mixture leaner, but it also will loss power. and you can't rev the engine above a certain rpm or else it will KNOCK. so the trade off is leaner mixture and less gas consumption for lower power and possible engine damage due to knocking at high rpm.

yung taxis ng erpats ko lahat smaller ang jets ng carb, pero if you rev it above a certain rpm, "tok-tok-tok.......", mag-knock na yung engine. can't tell at what rpm it begins to knock at wala naman rpm meter usually mga 1300cc engines. so ang gawa namin dyan nilalagyan namin ng adjusting bolt dun sa ilalim ng gas pedal (as a "nigger rigged" engine speed limitter) para di maabot yung rpm na mag-knock ang engine. otherwise, premature overhaul ka.

is this making your car leaner??