New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    People,

I badly need your help. I have a 2003 HiAce Super Grandia. Recently I bought a set of used magwheels from a 2001 Rav4 which I thought would perfectly fit my Super Grandia. IT DID NOT.
    The studs fitted (5 holes PCD 114)but the center portion of my hubs won't fit inside the magwheels (the center hole of the mags is too small).

I have seen HiAce Super Grandias sporting 98 model RAV4 mags as well as the 2001 model RAV4 magwheels. Also, I have seen 98 model RAV4 use the 2001 model RAV4 mags. How is this possible?

If any of you people or someone you know has done this kind of swap, please let me know. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    you'll have to enlarge a portion of the wheel's hub bore in order to fit them onto your van.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Yes ... you have to bring your rims to a machine shop and have them enlarge the hub ..... i did it before ....years ago ... it's fairly easy...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Is it a safe procedure? What machine shop did you bring it? Did you not have any problems afterwards? Pagtagal? Di naman nabiyak ang mags sa bigat?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i'm not sure which machine shop did the machining...my client was the one who found the shop.

if i'm not mistaken, more than a year na ginagamit yun wheel combo na yun sa hi-ace nila. i never heard any complaints from my client, considering that the van is used everyday to transport a lot of stuff and people.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    well thanks sir.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mr. Kewlryds do you have a car shop? Where?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung machine shop, try C.A. Roque since this is one of the more familiar machine shops around.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    DO they have experience in machining magwheels? Where is the machine shop located?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i'll ask my client where they had their wheels machined.

i do have a shop...A2 Projects. i mainly do custom car audio installs and i'm currently venturing into engine mods(bolt-on stuff intially) and cosmetic upgrades(body kits and stuff).

Mags for HiAce Super Grandia