New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Cathy, kaka pa top overhaul lang ng friend ko, 12k nagastos nya (Dasma Cavite).

Since nakakuha ka na ng ideas d2 sa Tsikot, para magka peace of mind ka, mag search ka muna maigi ng trusted and reliable shops at pag may napili ka na, dalhin mo na car mo and let them do the work. Do your best na pumili ng shop na OK at magaling...then kung ano assessment nila sa engine mo, sundin mo na lang.

Ihanda ang pera up to 20K ish (kc alam ko eto price ng total overhaul).
    Make sure na maganda usapan nyo lalo sa warranty.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yup. Kasama yung Piston Ring pero di ko alam kung kasama yung:

8. Piston
    9. Machine: re-bore / sleve
    10. Thrust bearing, journal bearings, main bearings.
    11. Machine: crankshaft polishing \ re-grinding
    12. Oil pump

Pag Total Overhaul around 50k daw. Kung Top overhaul lang daw 13k pero yung gagawin kasi nila in between top and total overhaul kaya 20k. Hihingi ako ng detailed estimate sa Sunday. I'll print the list that you gave nga so I have a guide.

I've made up my mind na full overhaul na lang papagawa ko. Kapag ba full kailangan talagang galawin yung Number 8-12 o gagalawin lang nila yung sira? ung 50k na estimate kasi para sa engine na sirang sira na talaga. Di pasok sa budget ko ang 50k. hehe. Kaso pag naman pinagawa ko sa tabi tabi baka naman mapadoble gastos ako pag palpak.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mm15744 View Post
    Cathy, kaka pa top overhaul lang ng friend ko, 12k nagastos nya (Dasma Cavite).

Since nakakuha ka na ng ideas d2 sa Tsikot, para magka peace of mind ka, mag search ka muna maigi ng trusted and reliable shops at pag may napili ka na, dalhin mo na car mo and let them do the work. Do your best na pumili ng shop na OK at magaling...then kung ano assessment nila sa engine mo, sundin mo na lang.

Ihanda ang pera up to 20K ish (kc alam ko eto price ng total overhaul).
    Make sure na maganda usapan nyo lalo sa warranty.
    Yung warranty ng tinanungan ko, kung Top lang ang ipagagawa labor lang

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What is the most noticeable difference in your car?
    How is your idle/menor? Is it rough?
    Exhaust gas smell and color?
    Its understandable if it consumes oil as long as it doenst pump it towards the tail pipe.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Dapat talaga pa compression and leakdown test nyo muna.

Sa compression test, titignan kung OK pa yung compression ng bawat cylinder. Pressure gauge lang ang gagamitin, usually sa spark plug hole sinasaksak, tapos i-reredondo after disabling the ignition and fuel injection system. Dapat warmed up yung makina para nandun yung oil film sa cylinder walls.

Sa leakdown test naman, mag-iintroduce naman ng air pressure sa bawat cylinders at Top Dead Center (TDC), sa spark plug holes din ang daan. Usually 100 psi. Pag malakas leak, pakikinggan o pakikiramdaman kung saan ang leak. Pag sa Intakes - intake valves or seat, pag sa tambutso - exhaust valve or seat, pag sa dipstick - rings. Pag matinis ang tunog, maliit lang ang leak. Pag mababa ang tono ng hangin, malaki ang leak. Pag sa kabilang cylinder - head gasket.

HTH.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Its understandable if it consumes oil as long as it doenst pump it towards the tail pipe.
    It's not silent anymore. Before (when idling) I couldn't tell the difference if it's running or not. Now, it's noticeably noisy and makalog. It's the type of kalog as though the idling is low when it's really not (1,000). I usually put my cell phone at the slot near the window buttons and I noticed that it would shake when idling, which never happened before.

Yup. Rough. It's still at 1000. But when I turn on the A/C it goes up to 1,100.

No smoke when idling. But when I step on the gas, a faint white smoke would appear from the exhaust. Tip of the exhaust has oil. Smell is similar to old diesel engines. It's so strong that it sticks to my hair and clothes.

I also did some of the tests that I read in the forum. While the engine was running, I checked the oil cap and dip stick but no white smoke. I also opened the radiator cap and there weren't any bubbles. I hope it not be that bad when they open the engine.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Prognosis is not favorable. A general overhaul might be necessary. A compression test or removal of head will verify. If you can insist on removing first the cylinder head before the rest of the engine(block) do it. Give us a picture of the piston, walls and gasket for advice.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hay. It's so hard to let go of a substantial amount of money talaga. I just want to make sure that it will be worth it. It's so nice that the people here at Tsikot are so generous in sharing their knowledge to people like me.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Can anyone please give me advise on what could be the cause of the noise in my engine? The mechanics are telling me that the engine sound is normal but I know for a fact (having driven the car since 96 when it was brand new) that it is far from normal. This is the first time that this has happened and I really want to solve the problem
    I also have been running my car on low oil (exactly on the low marker) for I don't know how long. I was due for my 5,000 km change oil when I saw it so I quickly added fresh oil (I always stock up on change oil parts) It was the first time that I experienced my car losing engine oil. I was really surprised because there are no oil marks in our garage. I already had the cam oil seal, crank oil seal and valve oil seal replaced yesterday. I am having the oil changed tomorrow since I am running between full and low oil. Could running on minimum oil level damaged my engine and caused it to become noisy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    It's not silent anymore. Before (when idling) I couldn't tell the difference if it's running or not. Now, it's noticeably noisy and makalog. It's the type of kalog as though the idling is low when it's really not (1,000). I usually put my cell phone at the slot near the window buttons and I noticed that it would shake when idling, which never happened before.

Yup. Rough. It's still at 1000. But when I turn on the A/C it goes up to 1,100.

No smoke when idling. But when I step on the gas, a faint white smoke would appear from the exhaust. Tip of the exhaust has oil. Smell is similar to old diesel engines. It's so strong that it sticks to my hair and clothes.

I also did some of the tests that I read in the forum. While the engine was running, I checked the oil cap and dip stick but no white smoke. I also opened the radiator cap and there weren't any bubbles. I hope it not be that bad when they open the engine.

ok, after re-reading your previous and most recent posts, what I think now is that your going to need a full engine overhaul.

my reason:

-you were losing oil, but there are no visible leaks (a sign of a worn Valve Seal and Piston Ring)

-you said your engine was not that "silent" no more, and there is a "ticking" or "tapping" sound (either caused by excessive Valve lash or a worn Rod Bearing due to low Oil Pressure)

-when you step on the gas, a faint white smoke would appear and there is a strong smell in the exhaust, and there is Oil in the exhaust tip. (a sign of excessive "blow-by")

anywayz, based on my experience, these symptoms alone is a good indication that you have "blow-by".

aite, peace.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If they do a full overhaul, do I need to have all these things done or will they fix just the parts that are damaged?

8. Piston
    9. Machine: re-bore / sleve
    10. Thrust bearing, journal bearings, main bearings.
    11. Machine: crankshaft polishing \ re-grinding
    12. Oil pump

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Magaling na Mekaniko for Top Overhaul