New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I have a Honda Civic 96 LXI at napansin ko mababa ang idle nya pag naka neutral. Nasa 500 rpm. Tapos pag naka on ang aircon hindi sya tumataas. Pina adjust ko na ang rpm to 1000 pero pag nagstart lang ng engine sya ganito.

Recently biglang namatay ang aircon at stereo while driving. Tapos napansin ko nag dim ang light. Hindi naman namatay ang engine. And bumagsak talaga ang rpm to 200. Tumaas ng unti to 300.

After this e nung nagpark ako hindi ko na mastart ang engine due to discharge battery. Ano kaya ang problem?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    parang minulto ang kotse mo bro... jk.

wait ka lang at me mag-advice sa iyo maya maya lang...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roninxt View Post
    I have a Honda Civic 96 LXI at napansin ko mababa ang idle nya pag naka neutral. Nasa 500 rpm. Tapos pag naka on ang aircon hindi sya tumataas. Pina adjust ko na ang rpm to 1000 pero pag nagstart lang ng engine sya ganito.

Recently biglang namatay ang aircon at stereo while driving. Tapos napansin ko nag dim ang light. Hindi naman namatay ang engine. And bumagsak talaga ang rpm to 200. Tumaas ng unti to 300.

After this e nung nagpark ako hindi ko na mastart ang engine due to discharge battery. Ano kaya ang problem?

start with the obvious. check the battery state of charge and condition, check the terminals to make sure they are clean, free of corrosion and tight. check the grounding to the engine block (usually, hondas put them on the top of the valve cover and usually loosen up). check the ground wires to the engine block. to quantify the condition of the connections, perform a voltage drop test at each connector or connection. the maximum allowable drop should not exceed 0.1 volt per end of the wire at the connector.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    start with the obvious. check the battery state of charge and condition, check the terminals to make sure they are clean, free of corrosion and tight. check the grounding to the engine block (usually, hondas put them on the top of the valve cover and usually loosen up). check the ground wires to the engine block. to quantify the condition of the connections, perform a voltage drop test at each connector or connection. the maximum allowable drop should not exceed 0.1 volt per end of the wire at the connector.
    Bago ang battery terminals ko. I had it replaced because of original terminals from honda is metal not copper. Bago din ang battery ko. I bought a new one from Motolite last August 2010.

I don't know how to check the grounding to engine block. I will have it check later. I read from other posts here the idle rpm is due to IACV and sensors that are not clean.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Bago ang battery terminals ko. I had it replaced because of original terminals from honda is metal not copper. Bago din ang battery ko. I bought a new one from Motolite last August 2010.

I don't know how to check the grounding to engine block. I will have it check later. I read from other posts here the idle rpm is due to IACV and sensors that are not clean.
    baka yung alternator mo ang may problema.

i'm not familiar with your ride's instrumentation but one sign of alternator problem is when the battery indicator lights up even if engine is running.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Can a low idle discharge a battery? That's given the fact that your headlights, aircon and stereo are on.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    get it scanned and from the live data lists ,check the iac counts. some scanners can manipulate engine rpm .

a trained tech will be able to do these tests for you .

i have worked on some honda cars and found out that the IACV always go .

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    get it scanned and from the live data lists ,check the iac counts. some scanners can manipulate engine rpm .

a trained tech will be able to do these tests for you .

i have worked on some honda cars and found out that the IACV always go .
    San pedeng magpatingin nito aside from Honda Casa?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    San pedeng magpatingin nito aside from Honda Casa?
    SpeedyFix, SpeedLab, and Honda Spa can do the job.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    start with the simple, have the throttle and iacv cleaned. if it doesn't work then you'll probably need to buy a new iacv.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mababang rpm