New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanx for all the replies.

last 2 weeks ko lang napa-diagnose sa casa un auto. They told me na ok naman un MAF, IACV & Throttle body so kaya cleaning lang talaga recommended. kasi before is meron syang a bit unstable idling, but after kong mag pa-cleaning ng MAF and un IACV kasama na rin un sa throttle body is naayos naman un idling nya. so untill now is stable and healthy naman ang idling nya.

ang di ko lang talaga malaman is what's causing that choking problem and if kung kailan ulit magti-trigger un choking problem nya na unpredictable. kasi malalaman mo na lng habang tumatakbo un kotse then biglang mag cho-choke na lang kagad. un nga lang di sya madalas mangyari. so far 1st time it happened is last month then 2nd this month lang.

Hope it has nothing to do with the computer box or (ECU).

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    did you have your timing changed or yuor a/f tinkered with? it might be the cause, my hunch only.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Try checking the Cam Position Sensor. CMP (although how you get CMP from what should be CPS, I don't know... ). If the problem doesn't happen very often, it might just be that.

What were the common conditions between the two occurences? Was it during the middle of the day? Was it hot out?

High temperatures inside the engine bay, exacerbated by heat soak due to traffic and hot conditions outside, often lead to cam position sensor and ignition coil problems.

The car will still run (but very roughly) if one of the ignition coils gives way. If it's the CMP, the car will just up and die, then restart once it's cooled down... just as you describe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Cam-Position Senor? san ko po ba makikita un cam position-sensor? kailangan ko bang i-replace or cleaning lang un? saka nasa magkano kaya un price ng original part if replacement is advise?

thanx,

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the problems like that i've seen have been fixed by replacing the ignition system...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *SiC,

the cam position sensor is, I believe, on the transmission bell housing. It's a small bolt-like device. Call Fordland or Autorama in Banawe, they do sell the CMP for the Ford Lynx. a couple thousand if I recall correctly. It's not clean-able; it is a magnetic pickup device and is purely electronic, no moving parts.

You know what you should do.. instead of doing what niky's forum buddy did and replace everything.. go to the casa and have them download the ECU error codes. Or go someplace like Zee in Aurora Blvd, they also have the OBD-II scanner (I think Migs/Speedyfix has it too). Para at least you have an idea of what the engine computer thinks is going wrong.
    Last edited by orly_andico; May 20th, 2007 at 12:58 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    thanx guys for all the response.

ok then i'll have it sched for some ECU check-up..
    hope they can scan the error pertaining to that choking situation..
    it first occured last month at night time (8pm) not too hot outside. and the second one at (5pm) sundown just this month lang.

I remember, last time kc nung first encounter ko is medyo low na un gas ko. So naka light un warning light ko sa fuel gauge that i realy have a low fuel. so nag pa-gas ako ng 1k. then in a matter of 20mins nag choke na sya.
    Un sa 2nd choke nya naman is meron pa naman laman na mga half un tank ko and nag pa-gas ako ng P500 morning, then mga afternoon sya biglang nangyari ulit (unleaded lang pinakakarga ko from shell).
    does this have to do with the choking problem? or sa gas?

thnx..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sir speedyfix. do you have an OBD-II? or a computer to diagnose an ECU in ur shop?
    saka pano po papunta jan? saka pwede na rin po pa pm if magkano..
    thnx

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hind ba dapat 95 RON ang lynx engine?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SiC View Post
    Newbie here..

Ask ko lng mga sir about sa ford lynx ghia 02 ko manual, kasi twice na nangyari sa akin na bigla syang nag-choke un nabibilaukan sya pag step mo sa gas pedal in first gear or in any gear (in sudden way). Tapos pag apak mo sa clucth ulit babalik sa normal idling, then pagka tinuloy mo un pag step mo sa gas in any gear para patakbuhin mag-chochoke nanaman sya hangang sa mamamatayan ka na. then pag ita-try mo i-start ayaw na. Then after mga 10mins-15mins lang try ko ulit i-start, un mag sstart na kagad sya in stable way.
    Ano po kaya cause ng choking nya? nagpa-change na ako ng fuel filter, drain my gas tank, change spark plugs, cleaned my throttle body, MAF & AICV, change my air filter, check all my gas lines from tank to engine bay.
    Ano pa po kaya nagtri-trigger sa choking or nabibilaukang situation then biglang mamamatayan if you continue to step on the gas pedal?

pina-diagnose ko na rin un whole car sa casa. wala naman problem un sa fuel pump sabi nila.

ano kaya problem dun mga sir?

thnx

baka yung fuel filter or clutch? I also have the same problem sa lynx ko. Pag nagchange na ako ng third or fourth gear at bigla ako aapak sa gas, na cho choke siya o naghe hesitate siya to the point na "mapapa subsub" na ako sa dashboard.. I have done all the necessary cleaning (throttle, MAF, etc) but I still have to observe. Di naman frequent yon but I think it still a cause for concern...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
LYNX Ghia 02 Choking or Nabubulunan