New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    haha! yun lang ba vinj?! pass muna ako dito until such time as bosch and NWB make em at around P600 a pair.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The soft rubber construction and blades give you excellent wiping compared to the rather stiff blade on conventional wipers... especially with the better brands.

And it's pedestrian safe... when that drunk guy running across EDSA flips over your hood and into your windshield, he won't get lacerated byt the wiper's rubber (versus steel) frame... ...that's why a lot of new cars are starting to come standard with these.

Downsides, however, if the wiper is cheap, it'll come off the pivot, like mrouter is experiencing, or, if you're unlucky, fly off completely when you're driving on the highway. My left wiper (20" Witem) did this in Los Banos... and aside from leaving me stranded for fifteen minutes trying to fix it with superglue and tape, left nasty scratches on my windshield when the metal arm kept going without the wiper...

Again... don't go cheap... get a decent brand with a top-lock.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    What are the advantages of these frameless blades anyway?
    Uso !

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    What are the advantages of these frameless blades anyway?
    I think para iwas gasgas sa windshield...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather stay with the traditional wiper blades with frame design. Proven for years to stay on the car even at speeds exceeding 180kph.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Awww... c'mon... if it's raining hard enough for you to have your wipers on, you shouldn't be driving that fast anyway...

Besides.. it's around 100-120 km/h that the cheap ones start wiggling... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Downsides, however, if the wiper is cheap, it'll come off the pivot, like mrouter is experiencing, or, if you're unlucky, fly off completely when you're driving on the highway. My left wiper (20" Witem) did this in Los Banos... and aside from leaving me stranded for fifteen minutes trying to fix it with superglue and tape, left nasty scratches on my windshield when the metal arm kept going without the wiper...

Again... don't go cheap... get a decent brand with a top-lock.
    Now that's a sucky-er experience as compared to the time my wiper-up refused to snap down during a sudden rainstorm on NLEX.

I guess we'll be seeing more and more of these in the near future as mainstream production cars are starting to carry them.
    Last edited by vinj; September 22nd, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hmmm, Actually Im also wondering how to refill the soft wipers. Ive been refilling my Bosch traditional wipers for about 8 years now. Ive discovered that the Bosch brand is really really easy to refill with the P50 refills and the refills perform very decently for about a yr before needing replacement again. I couldnt do this with the NWB brand (parating nasisira yung refill sa NWB).

This year, I came upon a wiper refill brand without a stiff PVC backing part, called clearvue... It cost only P39 but it looks very much like the original rubber of the traditional wipers. In Banawe, one of the car shops told me this brand is the type we can use to refill the soft wipers. Having a good experience with refills for about 8 years now, I purchased the cheap soft wipers para maparalan ko kung refillable siya... I havent figured out paano siya irerefill though... but Im also thinking I might have purchased the wrong brand of soft wipers, hehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Low-cost "Autosport" brand frameless wipers