New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Frameless/Soft Wipers are now becoming increasingly available. The expensive Bosch brand costs more then 1000k each

I recently tried the lower costing "Autosport" brand which costs P209 in handyman and Ace Hardware (may 10% discount pa Ace kaya naging mga P180 na lang)...

I noticed that its really made of cheaper materials. In fact, the 20" wiper on the left side came with a defective lock...kaso nawala ko na yung resibo

Tonight, Ive been reading about the cheap "Witem" brands of frameless/soft wipers which many people are complaining about because it would fly off when driving fast. Will the Autosport brand do the same thing?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    My Witems had plastic locks which become brittle in a short time. They would eventually break during use. I replaced it with another brand which had metal locks for more or less the same price.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If there's no top-cover to the lock mechanism, it's sure to come off. To be fair, the Witem brand has good blades naman... it's just the lack of the top cover that Bosch has lets the plastic latch flex too much, which causes eventual breakage, especially if the wiper is 20" long.

I think that in the case of frameless wipers, it's best not to go cheap. Get the Bosch ones... they're more than worth the extra money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, as they say, quality comes with a price. i would rather buy the one that suits me even if it costs a little bit expensive than the one that i can buy cheap, but i can only use for a week.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello there, sir what do mean by fly off? im having problems with my current wipers. i think we have the same type but im using a different brand. Are these the soft/flexible ones that bends when you lift the wiper arm? my problem is after several minutes of wiping action the wiper tends to swing off the windshield and hits the bottom and side plastic. i already tried adjusting the wiper arm from the actuator bolt thinking that they are just "off". But still the problem persist. it becomes very irritating because of the "tog" sound when they hit the outer sides. I also fear that someday it might cause a crack on the plastic cover just above the hood attachment.

im already thinking of replacing the wiper blades hoping it solves my problem.

thanks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mrouter View Post
    hello there, sir what do mean by fly off? im having problems with my current wipers. i think we have the same type but im using a different brand. Are these the soft/flexible ones that bends when you lift the wiper arm? my problem is after several minutes of wiping action the wiper tends to swing off the windshield and hits the bottom and side plastic. i already tried adjusting the wiper arm from the actuator bolt thinking that they are just "off". But still the problem persist. it becomes very irritating because of the "tog" sound when they hit the outer sides. I also fear that someday it might cause a crack on the plastic cover just above the hood attachment.

im already thinking of replacing the wiper blades hoping it solves my problem.

thanks
    Yung fly-off that Im referring to, is the type na matatanggal sila mula sa wiper arm and then you'll have to pick up the wipers from the street. What brand are you using sir?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about the the Sandolly brand? i was checking them out in Hans Tools and they cost around P600+ a pop for the less than 20" models.

I'm tempted to change to the frameless wipers but i rather save a little and wait for my old wipers to be due for replacement (although it will take a while since i also use wiper-ups... hehe).

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    How about the the Sandolly brand? i was checking them out in Hans Tools and they cost around P600+ a pop for the less than 20" models.

I'm tempted to change to the frameless wipers but i rather save a little and wait for my old wipers to be due for replacement (although it will take a while since i also use wiper-ups... hehe).
    marami na akong naririnig na maganda daw yang brand na yan. hindi lang ako makapag palit kasi maayos pa mga wiper blades ng sasakyan ko. maliban lang sa Starex ko. Meron po bang 19" & 24" or 26" na Sandolly?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What are the advantages of these frameless blades anyway?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I saw a 20" sample... 24" also if i'm not mistaken.

PK, advantages? none that i can think of but they look pretty nice. that's why i'll just wait for my current blades to go before changing.

Also, pay extra for a good brand as you wouldnt want to break those while you're in the middle of a strong rainstorm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Low-cost "Autosport" brand frameless wipers