New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Hey there,

Made an account just to ask this question. The driver's side seatbelt on my 2000 Ford Lynx broke. It won't retract or even lock up now. I'm looking to buy new.

Can anyone of you guys point me in the right direction and tell me how much I should expect to spend?

Should I take this as an opportunity to switch over to a 4-point seatbelt/harness even with the stock seats (I don't use the car for motorsports. Only as a daily driver.)?

I'm in Cavite (Imus/Bacoor/Dasma) and willing to make the trip to Banawe, QC. just for parts since I'm also looking for other interior bits.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Call up MazFord.

02-732-0395

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Call up MazFord.

02-732-0395
    Thanks. Will check with them.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    For anyone following this is how it went down on Saturday:

I headed over there and the shop said they've got none. So we asked for assistance from one of the many attendants (wearing IDs) and they found us a pair for 2600PhP, surplus that most likely came out of an '04 Lynx or something else entirely and those didn't fit (mounting is completely different). The person we were talking to offered to just repair the thing that was already on it. The whole deal took around 2 hours and cost short of 1k,

We probably should've haggled but Saturday traffic was more horrible than usual so we had little time left.

On another note, Fog lamps for that 2000 Ford Lynx Ghia are expensive.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    On another note, Fog lamps for that 2000 Ford Lynx Ghia are expensive.
    Not to sound sarcastic but just about everything with the 2000 Ford Lynx is expensive. The current Ford dealerships don't carry parts for them and these models were not exactly volume sellers so very few parts going around. Whether it's tail lights, headlights, fog lights, wheel covers and even gaskets - everything is just expensive. If not for Mazford, Autorama and Fordland in Banawe, these Ford models wouldn't be running on our streets anymore.

On the flipside, my experience with ours was quite positive. Our unit (2000 Lynx Ghia A/T) was a real trooper until the day we sold it a few months back. I don't recall any parts needing special care or failing prematurely within the first five years of ownership.

Good to know you got your seat belt sorted out. I used to visit junkyards along the side streets of banawe to look for surplus parts from totaled/retired models.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Not to sound sarcastic but just about everything with the 2000 Ford Lynx is expensive. The current Ford dealerships don't carry parts for them and these models were not exactly volume sellers so very few parts going around. Whether it's tail lights, headlights, fog lights, wheel covers and even gaskets - everything is just expensive. If not for Mazford, Autorama and Fordland in Banawe, these Ford models wouldn't be running on our streets anymore.

On the flipside, my experience with ours was quite positive. Our unit (2000 Lynx Ghia A/T) was a real trooper until the day we sold it a few months back. I don't recall any parts needing special care or failing prematurely within the first five years of ownership.

Good to know you got your seat belt sorted out. I used to visit junkyards along the side streets of banawe to look for surplus parts from totaled/retired models.
    The biggest problem we've had with ours is the failing ignition coils. Once had to drive C5 to Alabang on a dead cylinder because of it (one coil died while on the highway, turned out the rubber on the connector was just loose and it was sending electricity onto the cam cover rather than the spark plug). A few years later had to replace a clutch. Almost at 200k on the odo right now and has a few problems but still running reliably.

What's real nice about this model is that you can swap a lot of parts off a Mazda.

Edit: We bought it used with less than 25k on the odo.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Hi, sorry, I just want to catch up with the thread to ask if anyone of you can recommend where I can have my seatbelts fixed and/ or buy surplus ones for Lancer Cedia? Thank you for your advise.