New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the latest issue of Car and Driver (May 2006), they did a long term test on the Suzuki version of the Optra wagon. Their biggest complaint was disappointing fuel economy (25mpg in their tests). Maybe they needed that reprogram, too.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *caloy

Yes, sa quezon ave. nga nila dinadala ung unit dahil dun ung magandang pc units nila. Si Jet ba ung kalbo? Sorry, un ung nag-entertain saken! Nakakalito kasi eh... Jet ba o Jeff? Hehe... di bale parehas lang naman nilang alam un.

Kaya ko napansin lahat ng ginawa kasi from casa paalis at pagbalik pinansin ko talaga lahat.

Anyways, eto result ko sa Paranaque to Pampanga and pabalik.

Total kms. travelled: 252.6 km.
    Liters of gas consumed: 15.26 liters
    Consumption per liter: 16.55km/liter

Note: Natraffic pa ako sa EDSA nung papuntang Pampanga. Saturday un. Sabay pagdating sa destination, naglibot-libot pa ako. Similar to city driving ung pinuntahan ko dun. This would be my initial test on this type of gas consumption computation. Next weekend ang susunod. Nauwi kasi kaming Pampanga every weekend.

Goodnight to everyone! =D

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nice to hear about the marked improvement, sir! :D

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Why North Edsa lang?What's wrong with the other casa? Shouldn't it be standard yung singapore program sa lahat ng casa? Ang bait naman ng north edsa, pumayag icharge under warranty ang mga repair even though the unit didn't come from them. Kung sila lang ang papayag at marunong mag ayos sa gas guzzling problem ng optra, they will be swamped with reprogram request for free.

Nagtatanong lang kasi yung optra na nakita kong may sticker nakalagay sa rear windshield na yung optra niya only goes 5km/liter (BAD ADVERTISEMENT in effect), I saw it in Cebu, so obviously, di yun makapunta sa north edsa.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *altec

You may try at other casa sir. But for those in Luzon, the best one to go for the reprogram is at North Edsa. You won't get too much questions compared to the other and SA are very accomodating.

The reason why I (not WE, coz I'm the only one who's voluntarily gonna say this), is already posted on my previous posts. In Chevy Alabang, they still have not received word from GM main allowing a reprogram. In GM Makati, it's via reservation (which you must make 2-3 days before you ask for one, otherwise you'll have to wait some days before your unit can be checked. Also, compared to North Edsa, they'll have to evaluate first IF your car is really a gas guzzler. Now this is where the problem comes, what if you got a very lousy SA to check your vehicle and evaluate that your car is not a guzzler but it really is?

Besides, a lot of people tend NOT to go to the casa because some have really lousy services. That's why I, having been told by Mr. Castillo, referred everyone to go to North Edsa because their service is good and accomodating. For those in Luzon, wouldn't it be a trip worth while?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    effective din po kaya itong ECU reprogramming sa mga mazda familia? May nakagawa na ba sa mga mazda? Where and how much? Sorry po kung OT. Baka lng kasi mapaganda din ung consumption ng mazda familia nmin. Thanks

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kung 96 or 97 Familia, ECU swap lang ang sagot. The Mazdaspeed Familia and the JDM Lantis have better ECU programming. Problem is, exactly the same daw (hindi ito firsthand knowledge, ha) yung parts numbers, kaya mahirap hanapin.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ah. ganun po ba? sige hanapin ko nlng sa PT kung magkano ung ms/lantis ECU para hindi OT. Thanks po

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14
    *caloy

Yes, sa quezon ave. nga nila dinadala ung unit dahil dun ung magandang pc units nila. Si Jet ba ung kalbo? Sorry, un ung nag-entertain saken! Nakakalito kasi eh... Jet ba o Jeff? Hehe... di bale parehas lang naman nilang alam un.

Kaya ko napansin lahat ng ginawa kasi from casa paalis at pagbalik pinansin ko talaga lahat.

Anyways, eto result ko sa Paranaque to Pampanga and pabalik.

Total kms. travelled: 252.6 km.
    Liters of gas consumed: 15.26 liters
    Consumption per liter: 16.55km/liter

Note: Natraffic pa ako sa EDSA nung papuntang Pampanga. Saturday un. Sabay pagdating sa destination, naglibot-libot pa ako. Similar to city driving ung pinuntahan ko dun. This would be my initial test on this type of gas consumption computation. Next weekend ang susunod. Nauwi kasi kaming Pampanga every weekend.

Goodnight to everyone! =D
    batang raon, so far our optra is now doing 9 to 10 kms/ltr, a far cry from its old gas guzzling days! si jet nga yung kalbo, hehe, nalito din ako ung nasa gm north ako, hehe, pero good service naman. plus the fact that they reprogrammed it without any hassles is a big plus for gm north edsa. so far so good sa gas consumption! salamat ulit batang raon!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *caloy

Glad to hear chief! Anytym po! =D

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
A little opinion for the Optra's behemoth gas comsumption