New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    is there such a thing as license plate repair? and where? i want to have my plate repaired. looks very worn out. it was bent due to a collision. i have seen cars with newly painted license plates. where can i have my plate staightened and cleaned? hindi pa ito masisira lalo? help...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bro, i think its better to get a duplicate plate. painting of plates is considered as tampering, w/c is punishable by law.

but of course in our country, the law is only a suggestion hehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i just DIY it in my previous old ride....

konting pukpok, paint it with white colors, then yung letters/numbers, I cutout green neon stickers para may glare sa gabi. so far, never ako nasita. imo, the important thing is visible yung plates mo, and of course, identifiable.

Though yung mga bagong plates (w/ Rizal background), i think mahirap i-DIY yun! much better kung replacement. Anyways, a law is a law pero it all depends sa apprehending officer.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Replacement of Plates was only P1,000 some years ago. Waiting time was 3 months. Fresh clean plates can improve the look of your car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    which leads me to ask this question again....

sa di ba kapag, duplicate, merong letter D, sa gitna ng letters and numbers, at sa Rizal plate, nasa leftside ng mga alphabet.

H stands for? madami na rin akong nakikitang ganito

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, meron D pag hindi mo sinorender ang old plate (like if you claim it lost or something). H wala akong idea.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    H-means formerly for hire, now private (dropped franchise)

I usually have my plates reconditioned by 'Felix Kalbo' along Banawe. He hangs out near the corner of Mayon and virtually all the tambays know him. He also sidelines selling vinyl graphics and pula/puti taillamps. My Pajero plates were also reconditioned by him because of crash damage courtesy of the former owner. He reconditions them by laying down a new film of white reflectorized sheet. Then putting on green reflectorized sheets and cutting them to the shapes of the alphanumerics. Very clean looking job. Looks even better than those dull circa 1994 cost cutting LTO plates.

Though lately, he doesn't want to accept license plate reconditioning jobs because the cops picked him up and deemed what he was doing was illegal.

A cop also knocked on the window of one of our cars while it was stopped at a red light after noticing the reconditioned plates (he had to look real close to see that the white background no longer had the 'LTO' ghost graphics). After a bit of pilosopohan, he just let the vehicle go.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So paano ang process pag magffile ng duplicate na plate? Police/NBI Clearance? etc?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala, just go to LTO office, tell the front desk guy papalit ka ng plaka, surrender the old ones after filling the form and providing OR CR, tapos wait for the new plate.. Not sure kung you'll be driving around with no plates or isusurender mo lang old plates when the new ones arrive.

Need to change mine din, sagwa eh... but hoping for a "better" design

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yup better if you have your plates replaced by LTO instead of having it repaired. Had mine repaired before, using reflectorized stickers, very neat pero hassle sa mga TMG. Got flagged down a couple of times by TMG (Pampanga - once, Tarlac - once, Baguio - 4 or 5 times). Tampering daw. Though hindi naman hinuli license ko, medyo hassle lang yung pag check ng papers and yung plate mismo kinikilatis until such time na nuyuyupi na sa kakakilatis ng TMG, and yung tinitignan ka ng mga dumadaan na cars na nagiisip na parang carnap car mo kase chine-check ng TMG.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
license plate repair