New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Anybody who has spare or surplus japan original unit or equivalent in good working condition? Bumigay na un sakin after 14 years of service. Ayaw ko naman replacement gus2 ko sana retain un stock look. Will appreciate any inputs. Salamat po!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have a suggestion for you, i also have a 6G Galant pero super saloon lang, naging problema ko na rin ang mga aux fans nya, the big one and the small one. the reason why it stopped working is its carbon brushes. so what i did is, brought it to a electrical shop and have the carbon brushes replaced! and wallah! back to normal operation ang mga aux fans ko! actually if u have the tools pwede i DIY yan!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Betz
    I have a suggestion for you, i also have a 6G Galant pero super saloon lang, naging problema ko na rin ang mga aux fans nya, the big one and the small one. the reason why it stopped working is its carbon brushes. so what i did is, brought it to a electrical shop and have the carbon brushes replaced! and wallah! back to normal operation ang mga aux fans ko! actually if u have the tools pwede i DIY yan!
    Your suggestion is mostly welcome sir. Thank you very much! I will try that first thing tomorrow. I guess the cost is very minimal right?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Yap minimal lang ang cost nyan compare to buying a surplus or brand new na aux fan. problema pa nga minsan kapag surplus nabili mo hindi mo alam kung talagang may itatagal pa sya. kagaya nung isang nabili ko, after 2 months lang nag cease na, un pala ubos na rin ang carbon brush! so what i did is brought it to an electrical shop. they opened it up pero sinira na ung mga locks kase parang disposable type. pero maiibalik naman din sya after. price of carbon brush mga 50 petot ang isang pares, tapos labor mga 250 petot. mas mura di ba?

LF: Auxiliary Fan for 6G Galant GTi