New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I own 2 diesel vehicles with front mounted intercoolers. I noticed that there is enough space for a larger intercooler up front. How much hp/torque gains are expected in a larger intercooler? Are there other mods necessary aside from the longer pipes? How much is the usual cost?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    What is the make and model of your car?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Before ading bigger intercooler,buy a vac/boost guage to measure pressure before and after.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tama si Rion and if you have extra money pyrometer/EGT especially kung mahilig ka mag out of town with whole family. Kung mas marami ka pang spare cash transmission oil temp.(A/T units)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir niky mentioned you will gain 5-10 hp with larger intercooler. If done properly.

the problem is the longer pipe, it could cost negative boost.thats why its good to compare the pressure response before and after installation.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the boost level will remain the same (since boost is limited by the actuator on the wastegate and not by the size of the intercooler), but it may cause some lag since you have to fill up the larger IC volume.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    sir san po ba nakakabili ng mas malalaking intercooler?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ah yes, I meant measuring boost response time, NOT boost level in my first post.

bad communication skills...

*adventure: try the classified ads section. I saw some turbo kits in there...
    Last edited by rion; December 23rd, 2007 at 01:59 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    depending on the size we may be able to help you.

larger diesel intercooler