New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005

The one on top just snapped which sent my hand into a metal spike...

I thought it was just a fluke so i bought another one. It snapped as well....

nuff said... they're cr*p!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't you just wish you were in the US so you can sue them for gadzillions of dollars!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I got some KYK chrome-vanadium wrenches... they work great.

Ganyan po talaga mga die cast wrenches (even other brands).... Get the chrome-vanadium ones lalo na pag medyo high-torque yung gagamitan mo....

I'm also tired of those broken die cast ones (i already broke a number of them as well)... kaya pag bumibili ako ng mga bago, di baleng mas mahal by 3x to 4x, basta sure akong mas matibay.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    they are chrome vanadium but apparently not drop forged so they're cast.... thanks for pointing that out i didn't notice it...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka ganyan din ang tools sa Honda Casa.

Nasasabugan na din ako ng KYK wrench. Always wear eye protection.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    they are chrome vanadium but apparently not drop forged so they're cast.... thanks for pointing that out i didn't notice it...
    ay sorry.... I forgot to mention drop forged chrome-vanadium nga dapat, not the die cast ones.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The best brand of tools we have bought are Ridgid and Bosch. I have several KYK stuff and they work great. Be careful of imitations tho.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    If for long term use naman and you want to be sure na matibay, you might want to try Draper or Daikin, etc...

kung kaya lang sana ng budget.... tsaka weekend DIYer lang naman ako eh...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    What's the diff between a die cast from a drop forged tool???

I may sound like a fool but it looks like it's just a case of semantics to me...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    die cast...roughly analogous to pouring gelatin onto a mold and letting it solidify, although in this case, it uses a die/mold to form the shape though pressure.

drop forged...uses the principle of forging to better align the metal grains for a tougher product with less weight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
KYK Tools Feedback Thread