New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    matagal na po akong browser at registered di lang po ako nakakasali sa mga discussions. meron lag po akong tanong.

someone told me it's a vaporizer. tama po ba?

it has hose on top that that goes into carb. its has hose that goes under the engine papunta yata gas tank.

according to a quick search it vaporizes (kung vaporizer nga) the fuel so that it can be burned easily. nasisira po ba ito? what happens kung defective po ito? will it contribute to a high gas consumption kung palyado na?

car is a 1990 toyota corolla 16 valve (ae92).

thanks po

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Charcoal canister. Absorbs vapors from the return line of fuel tank and brings it back to the engine for burning again, and no need for the vapors to escape to atmosphere (toxic kasi).

That, or fuel pump

ae92?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    he he i guess ang na search mo ay vaporizer ng LPG. tama si mbeige charcoal canister ito, a part ng evaporaitve emission system. dito nakokolekta ang gasoline vapor from the fuel tank then pinpurge ito sa intake ng engine for consumption. very rare masira ito kasi wala namang moving parts kadalasan may leak lang or crack, if so makakaamoy ka ng gas.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hmmnn.... minsan nga ay amoy gas pero wala akong masilat na basa. will dismantle it to check.

im in a never ending search how to lessen the consumption of my ride. 5 to 6 km lang ako per liter on city driving, no matter how light i step on the gas. same route everyday. when i was using 1.3 lancer (97) and 1.6 altis, i was registering 8 km per liter, kaya may comparison ako.

compression test was okay and had my carb overhauled ganun pa din.

kung may leak kaya lalakas sa gas, even though vapor lang ang dumadaloy dun?

haaay, imbestiga, imbestiga, hanap, hanap ng solusyon....

anybody out there who may have any suggestion?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Do not dismantle it. It contains toxic fumes!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    oh, what i mean is just remove it from its location by removing it from its brace and remove the hoses and inspect it for leak not really open up the can. okay lang ba yon?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Basta well ventilated yung area, I suppose with care pwede rin. Basta wag mo lang buklatin, they created those canisters because of the toxic fumes so they should remain closed. Make sure you pinch the hoses before you remove the canister para di kumalat yung fumes.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by altlance View Post
    hmmnn.... minsan nga ay amoy gas pero wala akong masilat na basa. will dismantle it to check.

im in a never ending search how to lessen the consumption of my ride. 5 to 6 km lang ako per liter on city driving, no matter how light i step on the gas. same route everyday. when i was using 1.3 lancer (97) and 1.6 altis, i was registering 8 km per liter, kaya may comparison ako.

compression test was okay and had my carb overhauled ganun pa din.

kung may leak kaya lalakas sa gas, even though vapor lang ang dumadaloy dun?

haaay, imbestiga, imbestiga, hanap, hanap ng solusyon....

anybody out there who may have any suggestion?
    Bro, Malakas nga sa gas yung ride mo, posibleng may tagas nga somewhere sa hose ( Have it checked, safely ) , o baka naman due na yung ride mo for tune-up..5-6 km/ liter is really not economical

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Medyo malakas nga sa gas ang ride mo, talo pa nya ang 2.0 na efi engine. baka nga may leak ang fuel line mo, that usually happens to a 15 yr old car....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    malakas talaga eh, even after tune up ganun pa rin ang consumption.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
ano po ba ito?