New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    magrerehistro na ko ngayong May, ride ko is 2000 revo GL 1.8 gas EFI.

if ever bumagsak ako sa emission testing, ito po ang aking katanungan peeps:

1) ano kaya naging problem sa kotse?

2) saan ba ok ipagawa?

3) and magkano kaya yung pwede ko magastos?

btw, regular ang check up/maintenance ng tsikot namin

thank you very much in advance sa mga future replies nyo fellow tsikoters

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Tanong ko na rin, makakatulong ba i-advance yung timing para mas lean....tapos balik sa normal para hindi mag-overheat. Summer na eh.

Just a thought...thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    normally, what you should do is to just have a regular tune-up. change plugs, oil, tapos i normalize yung timing. a 4 year old car will not do bad..

secondary thing that you may do is to ask your gasoline station guy who does the carwash to spray water into your muffler pipe while THE ENGINE IS RUNNING, tapos to rev your engine up para ma-expel yung tubig sa loob ng muffler. Do it around three to four times to ensure yung carbon build-up sa loob ng tambutso eh matanggal.

i have a friend who failed the emission test three times, tapos pag dinadala nya sa Honda Casa, eh sinasabi na wala namang daw problem, so it cost him money pa. ang naging problem pala is yung emission test machine eh hindi caliberated. so hindi porke casa maintained yung sasakyan, means, makakapasa sa emission test.

as i stated above, just get a regular tune-up and yung suggestion # 2 ko and everything else will be ok.

p.s. that is what i have been doing for the past two years.... ;)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What you can do is avoid cramming, emmission certificates have 60 days validity from date of issue. Have it tested over two different testing centers. Other equiptments are not calibrated daily.

1. Tune-up; air filter clean, spark plug clean, change oil.
    2. There are numerous shops all over the metro. Even gas service stations do it for a fee.
    3. Dipende po yan sa mga aayusin o papalitang piyesa.

Pag nag-adjust kayo ng timing before testing and reverting it back to norm after, ganun din ang risk na pollutant ang sasakyan. Why cheat over a Php300 test when you can help preserve our environment?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    h_g and ungas, tnx for the info

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    another way is to buy your comprehensive insurance from someone who will take care of the registration and emissions testing for you.

yes, i know it is cheating. and sometimes i get so pissed off seeing smoke-belchers on the road when i realize that the reason they are still on the road is the same reason i'm beside them -- cheating on the emissions test (not that my car is a smoke belcher, it's clean)

anyway, both me and a friend of mine had good experiences at Toyota Pasong Tamo. 893-8084 or 893-8453 and look for Mark.

my 10-year old car cost about 8,600 to insure (250k coverage) plus i paid around 1,000 more for the registration assistance and emissions testing. i faxed Toyota my OR/CR and that was that. their messenger dropped by 2 weeks later to give me my stickers and new OR.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    best is to have your emmision test done at a "casa" of the same brand as your car. pag mitsu car mo, punta ka sa testing center ng mitsu (sa santolan). pag honda, nissan o toyota, punta ka sa testing center ng honda, nisan o toyota. at least pag bagsak ka they will know what to adjust, or fix.

saka ang emmision test naman pag bagsak sa una e free yung re-test.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Originally posted by happy_gilmore

secondary thing that you may do is to ask your gasoline station guy who does the carwash to spray water into your muffler pipe while THE ENGINE IS RUNNING, tapos to rev your engine up para ma-expel yung tubig sa loob ng muffler. Do it around three to four times to ensure yung carbon build-up sa loob ng tambutso eh matanggal.
    That is a very bad idea. Water can get into your catalytic converter and mess it up.

If you fail emissions there can be many reasons but carbon buildup in your muffler is not it.

1 A tune up is the first and cheapest solution.
    2 you can have a bad catalytic conveter. If your exhaust gasses smell like sulfur, its probably your cat conv.
    3 you can have a blown or a pinhole in your headgasket. this is expensive to fix. you can tell if your exhaust gasses are very white. this means that water or coolant is mixing with oil.
    4 your car can be burning oil- normally blue somoke. this means you need an engine re build.

If you have a 2000 and your car has gotten scheduled maintainance, you should have no problem.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    With newer cars. that Run OBDII ECUs they dont even need to test the exhaust gasses with their machines. they just plug in to your cars serial port. your car has the ability to run an emissions test through its MAF and O2 sensores. The ECU just sends a report is everything is ok. Normally you know you wont pass emissions ahead of time cause your car's CEL will light up.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    peterock17:::Very few and I mean very few cars here in the P.I have catalytic converters. I guess it's because of the low quality fuel we have here. There are accredited emission tester that are usually quite near an LTO branch. They usually test the emission of a vehicle from it's exhaust pipes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
kapag bumagsak sa emission test...q