New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Guys, remember last Friday kinuha ko na yung BMW ko from the CASA kasi they finally solved the alignment problem after more than a week!.....Tapos yesterday, gamit ko only after about 15 minutes on the road nagover heat na siya! I checked putol yung pipe that connects the radiator hose to the radiator....Its hard not to become suspicious.....baka sila din ang nakasira niyan? Di kaya? Pinatow ko yesterday at pinadala ko kaagad sa kanila ulit...

My problem now is that I think I have to replace the radiator? or yung part ba that connects the pipe to the radiator can be replaced separately? Gastos nananaman ito! Pwede ko bang singilin ang CASA sa cse ko na ito? Thanks...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think they have to replace that for free. diba naka warranty pa naman yun?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hindi ganung ka simple yun.

Ano ba ang edad/kundisyon ng hose/pipe? Bago ba o baka naman nasa end na ng life cycle niya?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i think thats ur radiator neck, the plastic piece that the radiator hose connects to. ano ba mileage ng bimmer mo, kng mataas na thats normal. e36s are prone to overheat if the necessary parts are not replaced.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in the case of my E36, pina-modify ko yung plastic radiator neck and replaced it with steel. This is one weak-point of the E36 even if its low mileage.

Other weakpoints of the E36 is the water pump & impeller (better replace it with aftermarket like bosch), and the car's rear subframe and rear shock mounts. Aside from these weak areas, the car is built like a tank!

If I were you, have it checked already. I recommend either AUTOVEC or ERL MOTORWERX. Both are "technically adept" in checking and diagnosing your teutonic car.

Basics, Top Gear and the like are ok for "simple and not-too-complicated" works like changing oil etc...

BTW, you may be interested in joining the BMW Car Club of the Phils. There are a lot of members with E36 who can share their experiences with various shops. If you're interested, call Manolet Ramos at 0918-9499289. Tell him Dindo Velasquez referred you.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yup, thats y i replaced my waterpump, t-stat housing, t-stat in advance. maop pacheck mo na lahat n replaced in one go. if u can get the composite waterpump its much better, i stayed with italian plastic impeller cos its cheap n easy to replace.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by maop99
    Guys, remember last Friday kinuha ko na yung BMW ko from the CASA kasi they finally solved the alignment problem after more than a week!.....Tapos yesterday, gamit ko only after about 15 minutes on the road nagover heat na siya! I checked putol yung pipe that connects the radiator hose to the radiator....Its hard not to become suspicious.....baka sila din ang nakasira niyan? Di kaya? Pinatow ko yesterday at pinadala ko kaagad sa kanila ulit...

which casa are we talking about here?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    That is so weird.....i drove my E36 (325is) for just over 2 years and never had a major problem with it.....The only thing that bothered me was the service lamp that lights up and i have to go to a fancy shop to have it reset..i used to change my own oil since i get my Mobil-1 oil real cheap.....but the only thing that i changed was brake pads and the 2 belts.....good thing is that they use timing gear/chain so i never worry about breaking it....aside from that, it was virtually maintenance free in my part (also true with my previous E46).
    Last edited by airshaq20; February 14th, 2005 at 01:24 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Same thing happend with our e46..pagkalabas ng casa for a simple oil change, kung ano ano nasira. They told us na ganon na talaga pagpasok and we eventually had to pay for all the repairs.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the m50 and m52 engines have timing chains afaik

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Just came from the CASA, Sira nanaman ang BMW ko!