New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hi again,

I guess I haven't completely solved my problem. But I have improved it. Here is what I so far have done:

- advance timing, made the engine response better too. dati it was a bit sluggish.
    - made the A/F mixture leaner. so far it improved since early morning the engine is not easy to stall anymore.
    - clean carb, DIY. I think i did clean it with a carb cleaner, not the pcv valve. not sure how to clean it and also if I have to remove the valve cover for that.
    - change fuel filter. the old one did have a lot of dirt.
    - try higher octane fuel, using velocity now.

So far the problem seems to happen if I use the clutch a lot of times. And only for a full stop, even slight forward motion will not make it appear. So it happens if I am on stop and go traffic for a long time. But after running for a distance it goes away. BTW I work at home so bihira lang talaga ako ma traffic. So it was hard for me to observe and reproduce the problem. I normally just do short trips, so the problem does not come out. Sometimes I actually look for traffic just for me give it a test. I also do full stop, para nga akong sira eh. Siguro nagtataka yung sa likod ko na stop ng stop ako. Such a waste of gas and time, gas guzzler pa naman ang Terrano.

I am looking at replacing the clutch parts (release bearing, pressure plate and clutch disc) since the likely problem maybe unever wear on the parts or flywheel. I still would like to check other things before I do replace these parts.

Do you have other suggestions aside from what I have done? Again it has improved since, but maybe the problem is in the clutch and I am just able to tune the engine better so its masking the real problem?

I have also looked into the engine mounts, it looks ok. Also I should must have vibrations on idle if the engine mounts are damaged, right? I am also trying to figure out if the auto lock hubs maybe a problem. I saw some post on the other sites that the auto lock hubs was the cause of the problem. How do I check if my auto lock hubs are sticking? BTW I also have a small grinding problem that happens when I turn at a certain speed and angle, very hard to reproduce. Too slow or too fast turning, full turn does not reproduce it. So far by inflating the tires 32 psi it seems to have greatly reduced it. Not sure if this weird small grinding sound is related to my jerking from full stop to go problem.

My car is local Terrano by the way. I got it a few months ago. So in the process of fixing things here and there, trying hard to make it as good as new.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Naku, ganyag-ganyan din ang problema ko! My ride is a galant. I think the problem is not in the clutch and the fuel filter, napalitan ko na ganun pa rin. Supierriman is right, it is highly-probable that i have a dirty throttle body, ito na lang kasi ang hindi ko pa napapalinis.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by mister_big_bird
    pag hinalo mo sa gasoline yon, san ang bagsak ng dumi ? sa Fuel Filter ba ? so definitely palit ka nadin ng fuel filter ???
    mga bro, gumamit na ko nyan dati - totoo sa filter nga maiipon yun dumi and nag tope na yun kotse, so i change fuel filter.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    mga sir, paano nga ba linisin yun throttle body? Can we do this on our own or we need an experienced mechanic?

Tnx!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    The engine is still old school type, carb. It has no throttle body right? Or I mean it has, but its in the carb right?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by effone
    mga sir, paano nga ba linisin yun throttle body? Can we do this on our own or we need an experienced mechanic?

Tnx!
    have a competent mechanic do the cleaning. mura lang naman ang singil sa ganyan.

if you like call Raymond Sarol * 09209252290 and tell him Art recommended you. Kayo na lang ni Ray mag arrange ng date kung kelan mo patingnan oto mo sa kanya.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Have you guys tried "re-facing" your flywheel? Baka medyo warped na. Kaya pag engage ng clutch system sa flywheel from a full stop, hindi pino ang lapat kaya na-v-vibrate ang engine.

Mura lang naman ang pa-reface ng flywheel and any reputable machine shop can do this (for 800-1K siguro). Just make sure you don't shave too much, dapat within spec. Pinaka-mabusisi lang talaga yung pagbaba ng flywheel mismo.

Try this first... I am 90% confident that this is the culprit. Since you guys have done everything else na (idling check, a/f mixture check, re-place clutch assy etc).

Btw, while you're at it, silipin niyo na rin kung buo pa ang engine supports ng engine, nakaka-pagcontribute rin kasi ito sa vibration.

Goodluck!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Yup flywheel warp maybe the worse case scenario. Pero still doing other easier things, it also helps since its a 2nd hand car, napapalitan/clean yung ibang parts. Kasi ang mahirap sa akin is that it does not come out on my normal driving. Long stop and go traffic lang, and only on full stop. So far ngayon ang new trial ko is to put carb cleaner/injection cleaner on the gas tank. Unfortunately wala pa ako mahanap na long stop and go trips. So i can't say if I cured it or its just hiding.

Saan kaya magaling pagpagawa ng clutch? Kila speedfix kasi malayo. Taga south ako, Las Pinas Alabang area. Nissan casa is one option, pero hindi masyado maganda ang reputation ng service ng Nissan dealers. If I can't eliminate the problem then I guess its time to look at the clutch. Baka naman ako ang problema.... napapagod sa stop and go traffic

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    jkyamog, it's probably the timing. Also, have your valve clearances rechecked. That may lick your problem.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I did advance it a bit. That is one of the first things I have done, which reduced it. Siguro iover advance ko and tingnan ko kung talagang mawala. Medyo mahirap kasi i-test bukod sa busy busy ako, hindi naman lumalabas sa routine drives ko.

I need to plan for route on heavy stop and go traffic. Tapos dapat mag full stop pa ako on the traffic. Hehehe. O kaya I waste around 30 mins around the village going stop and go.

Pero sige galawin ko muna ang lahat na puwede i-DIY. Nakaasar naman siguro kung pagawa ako ng clutch and flywheel, ikot ikot lang pala ng screws. Although there is a good probability that its warped flywheel / uneven clutch wear. Kasi it happens when I use the clutch a lot of times, and vanishes when the car is out of stop and go traffic. Or puwede rin kapag naiinit na ang makina. Pero very cool naman ang temps ng makina.

Thanks sa feedback, sana in the end ma solve ko din. Also sa future baka may makakita ng thread na ito to maybe help them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
jerking at low gear...ano kaya problem?