New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    why bother so i guess its a NO

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    umm... ok... so... if I have a stock engine, using iridium plugs won't increase power nor improve mileage, but will lessen the need to replace the spark plugs every tune up... right? I have an Altis, so NGK or DENSO?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    nah not really. on modded engines tho it's a decent mod. makes up one of the 3 main principles of producing power:

fuel
    air
    spark

plus, with modded engines you've normally spent a lot on other things narin that 2k+ for plugs is a decent amount na for keeping everything working well.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    if intending to use these plugs on a tuned car, just make sure that your engine won't run a rich air/fuel mixture.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz
    why bother so i guess its a NO
    Well, it really depends upon you. Platinum and Iridium plugs last a lot longer than regular plugs. What your buying is convenience. for not changing or re-gapping your plugs more often (lets just say every 150,000 km or 100,000 miles). As for me, I bought one because its a real pain changing plug # 6.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    NGK Iridiums are stock plugs for my ride. Works well. I have a turbo engine and my first tuneup was 30 months from date of purchase or 24K kms later.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I have seen the spark of the ngk Iridium and ordinary plug,
    there is an exhibit in Japan comparing the two, iba ang spark between the two sa iridium.... its a very small arrays of sparks so medyo malaki yung area nya
    doon naman sa ordinary one point lang ...so its also helps in the combustion
    so hindi lang naman siguro dahil sa harder metal, it will affect complete combustion of your fuel.... cleaner exhaust gas and fuel efficiency....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is a waste of money if you have a stock engine (that doesn't require one).

though the Rav4 & Cefiro have OEM Iridium Spark Plugs that are rated to last for 100K km. aftermarket Iridiums can only run for 20-30K km.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    it is a waste of money if you have a stock engine (that doesn't require one).

though the Rav4 & Cefiro have OEM Iridium Spark Plugs that are rated to last for 100K km. aftermarket Iridiums can only run for 20-30K km.
    ..really??? ...ayus ahh!.. up to 100k??? ...to much I think! aftermarket plugs for 20-30k kms only? ngeeekk!! ..how could that be?..
    eh di OE ng Rav4/Cefiro na lang bibilin ko!!..harharhar!!...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    using denso iridiums on our AE101. di ko maramdaman effect. di na kasi stock yung engine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Iridium spark plugs: yes or no?