New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm having my 2006 honda city 1.3 cvt serviced for 20,000km. it's time to replace the stock spark plugs. Honda quoted an estimate of 7k (Honda Synthetic oil/regular spark plug) and 8.5k (Honda Synthetic oil/Iridium spark plug).

Question:
    (1) is the supposed benefits in using Iridium spark plugs worth the 1.5k price difference? Honda sched for replacing spark plugs is every 20,000 km.
    (2) primary benefit that i'm looking for is Fuel Economy (currently mine is ~13km/l), can iridium sp still increase this?

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i think this will not increase ur fuel efficiency but it will increase the acceleration and denso iridium is much cheaper on some honda parts
    dealer.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    only use iridiums if it is the stock plugs of your vehicle (like the Rav4 & Cefiro).

other than that - you are generally throwing money down the drain.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    napakamahal ng change oil mo po at tune up.. kay SpeedyFix ka na lang po.
    2,100 may Motul synthetic oil ka na..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ok lang. 20k km service naman hindi oil change lang. pag hindi na siguro warranty sa labas na ako mag papa service.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    warranty will be lost if pms was not done at casa during the warranty coverage period, so no choice. but iridiums for fuel economy? some say that they benefit, some say that they dont.

i think for the most part, only those with high performance engine benefits from it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahal naman pala din ng PMS ng Honda City... 7K para sa synthetic oil + spark plugs...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    One thing sure about Iridium plugs:

You will notice that your wallet will become lighter.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Synthetic, eh... plus x2 yung labor... eight plugs ang papalitan...

Sounds okay... as far as casas go. But I don't think you'll need Iridium plugs at such short change intervals... not unless Honda is willing to extend the change interval because you're using those fancy plugs. If they don't want to extend the change interval, it's probably not worth it except for maybe 0.5 hp of additional power...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sakin... 1yr++ na yung NGK iridium ko... bawing bawi nako sa pagpalit ng spark plug...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Iridium Spark plugs.. is it worth the addtl cost?