New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hi,
    Just want to ask your opinion about this Iridium Spark Plugs? Is this safe for 97 Corolla?

many thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    welcome to tsikot Johannes

don't know about the Corolla but I just replaced my stock NGKs with the Iridium plugs on our Samurai and it was a world of difference.
    while the stock plugs used to foul at idle or in traffic, the iridiums didn't. throttle response, in my opinion, seems better. I noticed that the NGKs would not fire properly when at extreme angles offroad cause the carb would run really rich. I haven't brought the car with iridiums offroad as yet but when testing them in the shop with a jack it never misfired or died on me.

yun lang- big difference in price pero I think they are still on sale in Izuparts Pasay (where I got them) and you get a free cap or t-shirt pa to boot. IW16 costs 480 each. iba sa Corolla

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    safe... yes. if you get the right plug of course.
    merong corresponding plug naman yan. you're talking about denso plugs I suppose? Meron din nyan NGK. mas mabilis hanapin equivalent coz may -IX lang yung dulo. BKR5E would be BKR5E-IX.
    Sa denso, may chart sila nyan kung ano yung equivalent.

they're supposed to last longer. If you replace yung ordinary every 5k, with the iridiums 15-20k ata. You wouldn't want to replace every 5k din naman kasi sobrang mahal.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    many thanks Racerx

iridium spark plugs