New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi i would just like to ask what are the possible cause of oil leaks, because i have noticed a minimal oil drips from under our car just right below the alternator.

Thanks....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If your engine is diesel, its possible that it came from the hose,clamp or oil seals of the vacuum pump.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Oopss, my bad... Our car is a stock Toyota Corolla 93, with a 12 valve 2E engine...

Im also suspecting about the oil seals, could there be any other reasons for oil leaks?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Probably its only oil seal. Try to get someone to check it

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The AC compressor is below the alternator, so it could either be engine oil or compressor oil. If it's compressor oil, that's obvious. But if it's engine oil, check the timing belt cover if oil leaks out of it. If so, baka kailangan na palitan yung seals. If you haven't replaced the timing belt, it's just the right time to replace it as well as the oil seals there.

Other than that, it may be as simple as oil surrounding the oil filter. Have it cleaned thoroughly and check back after a week, see if fresh oil has leaked out once more. If so then you have a leak, if not then it's just dried up oil that you see.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    normally from the oil pump and/or the oil pan.

have it lifted to be sure though.

Inquiry about oil leaks