New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Good day mga bro.

I'm having this problem with my 96 Mitsubishi Galant SS. Yesterday morning (Sun) I was about to go out but when I started the engine, the engine will not run. May redondo sya pero ayaw lang tumuloy ang pag start ng makina. My battery still has enough charge as it can still crank the engine, my gas gauge is above 1/2 line. Checked all the fuses but nothings busted. Just had a tune-up about 2 months ago at 80,000 km and I'm now at 83,500+ km, my spark plugs, air/oil/fuel filter are new. My mechanic told me that the problem could be coming in the distributor assembly but he mentioned nothing in particular about it. My car was last used on Saturday evening but nothing obvious appeared while I was driving.

Anybody out there who had a similar situation, I'd consider your inputs first before I make any parts purchase.

I hope anybody can help me out revive my baby, I'm really dependent on my auto going to/from work. Appreciate your replies.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm, really hard to diagnose such cases (happened to me last week)... Try the Galant thread as well.

Check mo kung may fuel lumalabas sa fuel filter when you turn on the ignition (even without cranking).

Basically tatlo lang naman hanap ng makina, spark (check distributor, plug wires, plugs), fuel (fuel filter, pump and injectors), lastly air (check intake sensors).

Make sure the starter works fine as well...

Sorry not much help

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    starter should be ok since nagreredondo makina.

check the igniter and coil in the distributor kung ok pa.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    My ride is back on the road again.

Thanks to all your replies, the problem was my igniter (inside the distributor) may busted terminal dun sa socket nya. Good thing I was able to scout for that specific part at evangelista, pasay, 2k yung igniter. Well its a lot cheaper than buying the whole distributor assy, 6k for a surplus and around 20k for a brand new MEC brand.

Thanks again guys, cheers.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    magandang umaga po,

i know this thread is old, but i just had the same problem last night with my dad's 316. "nagdodondo" is "the sound of a car starting".. but after the dondo walang start. im just a newbie. by the way, iniwan niya kasi sa akin ung car, then asked me to start it every now and then, then i forgot, so, "nadiskarga daw" sabi ng ibang driver, but i charged it with my slow battery charger which looks like a small avr. after that, same problem.

help guys, my dad would kill me if he would know, because i also did the same thing with his rover- which was fully discharged, so i just removed the battery.

thanks.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hehehe, sensya na bro, medyo natawa ako sa post mo..."nagdodondo"...you must have meant "redondo"

Anyway, since you're using a slow charger, baka hindi masyado kumarga, kaya ayaw pa rin tumuloy. Normally, 8 - 12 hours ang charging cycle sa mga slow chargers. Best thing would be for you to borrow a known fully-functional battery and try to attach it.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    sorry, baguhan lang ako. anyway, i charged it last night for 12 hours then still i had no chance to get it running this morning. then naisip ko na pa "kadyot" start un, then i asked my grandma's driver to kadyot start, still no luck. masisira ba 316 sa kadyot? i hope not. pinapagamit kasi sa akin pero ayaw ko, hahaha. nahihirapan ako magdrive ng euro car feeling ko kasi mauubos lang allowance ko sa gas, kaya japanese car gamit ko palagi.

what other remedy could i try? or baka masira ko lang.

thanks.

motolite gold pala gamit non. ung maintenance free, pero hindi ko alam kung bakit nakatangal ung sticker sa taas, medyo bago bago pa naman un.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by car_user View Post
    My ride is back on the road again.

Thanks to all your replies, the problem was my igniter (inside the distributor) may busted terminal dun sa socket nya. Good thing I was able to scout for that specific part at evangelista, pasay, 2k yung igniter. Well its a lot cheaper than buying the whole distributor assy, 6k for a surplus and around 20k for a brand new MEC brand.

Thanks again guys, cheers.
    Sir, ano itsura nung igniter sa loob nang distributor. Ito ba yung bilog na kulay item kasing laki diameter nang distributor. Problem ko kasi is the same.tnx a lot.Brand new po ba nabili nyo o surplus?

Ignition problem