New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I observed on my wife's 97 Lancer A/T GLXi, if the speed is between 45 to 75 kph there seems to b a humming sound. Tried to stop ang shift to neutral ang press accelerator and no humming is observed. Is that could be related to transmission? Just changed ATF last 70,000, and currently logged 73k+. Any idea what to chk? I brought it to Mitsu casa in Dasma, but I was told to observe it. Pls advise, ty.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    baka regarding aircon compressor

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to shift to neutral while rolling. if the humming sound is still present it could be the axle bearings. if it disappear it could be the tranny.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also, try borrowing a set of good wheels... kapag nawala ang humming, its your tires. kapag hindi nawala, possible na axle bearings

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nde kaya may dinadaanan un hangin cause ng humming? sakin un side mirror. pagnaka tupi wala na. pero d namn pwede un.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    baka kelangan lang ng balance yung gulong,.. baka wala ng weights that causes to that sound!..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    anong klaseng humming ba? Wind noise? High pitch? Low pitch? Rubbing noise? Dragging?

Tsaka saan nang-gagaling? Sa ilalim? Sa gilid? sa engine bay?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    should be easy enough to check naman if you can have a mechanic take a look at it

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have to post again... not sure why my reply 2 hours ago did not appear.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and suggestions. What I already did so far is that, drive the car again, and accelerate to 75kph, and shift to neutral, the humming sound tend to disappear, but not totally. Mas malakas ang humming niya in acceleration mode than in deccelearation mode (by shifting to neutral). Definitely the humming is not due to engine or the aircon compressor. 'Yong sound nung humming is high pitch ang dating, and once mejo lampas na sa 75kph, nawawala na siya or could be meron pa din pero matining lang kaya di na masyadong madinig.

I will try to bring the car to servitek and have the axle bearing lubricated. Di naman siguro sira ang mga bearings kasi ala naman kabig at di naman nanginginig ang manibela.

Dapat ba sa servitek or mas advisable sa Casa magpagrasa?

Humming Sound at 40 to 50 kph