New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I now have the Avanza its the 1.3j variant, i have my sound system which i removed from my honda, im now thinking, how and how in the world can i ever put in a good sound setup with the limited space and no available side wall that i can put my sounds, without compromising the third row seats and still remain usable.

hoping you may give me some advice, and if u have a setup as well made in ur avanza, maybe u can share your tips, and insights on how u were able to do it.

here are the items ill be putting:
    1. ill replace the head unit (orig toyota cd stereo) with a pioneer 2750mp hu (silver) MP3/WMA/CD stereo 1din or shall i sell it and buy a 2din stereo?
    2. i have 1 1300 p5 sony xplod subwoofer 15in (red), how will i box or house it?
    3. i have additional 2 sony xplod 130w 2way coax speaker where shall i put it?
    4. i have 2 v12 2000w amplifier.

* i would also like to ask re. the effect of putting it in the car e.g. warranty, fuel economy, drain in power or electrical current, etc.

* please post pix of ur setup in these kind of cars, in here, as well as ur interior or exterior setup or pimping, i would like to ask also where did you get the rear spoiler at the back, the silver / chrome garnish at the back at the plate number area, and how would you paint the door handle to be body colored also, and also the side mirrors (the side mirror of 1.3j and 1.5g are different in design ryt?,)

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Good question. For the HU, its your call, the stock Toyota HU for the 1.5 is a kenwood HU, is the 1.3s HU different?

You can put the coax in the stock speaker locations, doors. To get good sound you will need to sound deaden the doors. The doors are very thin and noisy. You can put the amp under the front seat.

You will not be able to fit your 15 inch sub without sacrificying the 3rd row. If you need the 3rd row, you need to get a smaller sub that will fit under the seat or the shallow compartment.

BTW, this might be better suited for the car electronics forum.

How to Set up your Sound in the Avanza