New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hi guys,
    last thursday, my cousin and I were caught in the bad flood and traffic in the paranaque area. Aside from getting stuck and stalling the car because of water coming in the air intake, the plate got lost in the flood. (The plate wasn't screwed tightly, we surmised). The car is ok now(HONDA CRV). Just had to change oil and replace air cleaner. Anyway, am just wondering if anyone knows what steps to take to get a new plate.(only the front plate got lost). Aside from this, how much does it cost and how long does it take to get a new one? (will i have a new plate number?)THanks guys.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from the LTO website:

Request For Duplicate Plates / Replacement Stickers

Documents Required For Private Motor Vehicles

1. Original Certificate of Registration (CR) and latest original Official Receipt (OR) of payment

2. Actual inspection of MV with duly accomplished MVIR

3. Clearance from LETAS 4. Clearance from LETAS

4. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN)

Procedure:

1. Proceed to the transaction counters and submit all the required documents to the Evaluator for evaluation and computation of fees.

2. Actual inspection of motor vehicles with duly adccomplished MVIR. (This form is available for download at the LTO website. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.)

3. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called for the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt (OR).

4. Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called to obtain the Certificate of Registration (CR), plates, stickers, and other requested documents.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanks boybi....its a lot of help

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kapag ok na plate mo, post mo how much nagastos mo ha? :-) hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    r_delro, walang affidavit of loss dun sa mga requirements posted in their website, but to be sure, bring one. siguradong kelangan yan.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yup you need an affidavit of loss. before you get one, punta ka muna sa LTO office kung san nirelease yung plate mo kasi baka may sarili silang format dun like what happened to me at LTO cubao. it cost me round 300-400 ata, can't really be sure kung magkano. medyo nakalimot na.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    My ex-gf and now my kumare also lost the front plate of her car and when she went to her friend's cousin at LTO, hiningian sya ng 3k all in all....bale sabi kasi sa kanya non-appearance na raw sa motor vehicle inspection pati na PNP clearance. I told her mahal yun and maybe the LTO officer is just trying to make some money out of her.

Maybe someone with the same experience can help assess if the cost is justifiable or not.....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eh pano naman pag delapidated plates.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    did this twice na, yun isa ninakaw at yun isa naman is delapidated na.

- affidavit of loss - P150
    - lto fee - P425
    - pang meryenda nun lto staff- P100 (haba kasi ng pala that time)

although, dumaan din talaga sa standard process kaya i waited 3 months for the replacement plates. bibigyan ka lang ng permit for improvised plates.

suggestion ko lang, remove mo na din yun plates mo sa rear kasi kukunin nila yan kapag nag inspect. declare mo nalang na nawala yun dalawa.

meron nga din tlga nun no-show and rush plates (1 week ata), but the cost is 2-3k nga..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    eh pano naman pag delapidated plates.
    Try to contact Olet Mojica for replacement plates. Legal naman to sya lang mag-aasikaso. Original OR and copy ng CR lang kelangan. After 2-3 weeks makukuha na yung new plates, kelangan nga lang punta LTO East Ave to claim the plates. Kasama na din yung sticker.

How to replace a lost plate