New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I have stock Kia stereo on my Kia Picanto. How do I remove this stereo? I want to fix some noise coming from the dashboard near the stereo. I can't post a photo of my dashboard but the I believe it's what you call an indash, 1-din stereo/cassette receiver. WHen I remove the stereo head I can see the stereo unit behind but no screws. Please suggest. Kahit anong brand car, whatever your experience on removing indash stereo unit will be helpful.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, it depends on what your radio looks like... Most radios have a bolt sa base nya that mounts to a vertical bracket sa likod ng radio (dash), others naman has a sleeve. In most cases, radios are mounted and removed from behind the dash console. Once you get the radio out, the rest is easy, it's just a matter of removing some harnesses (unless bad trip yung naginstall ng radyo na spli-nice ang mga wires instead of using a harness.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by CtrlAltDel
    I have stock Kia stereo on my Kia Picanto. How do I remove this stereo? I want to fix some noise coming from the dashboard near the stereo. I can't post a photo of my dashboard but the I believe it's what you call an indash, 1-din stereo/cassette receiver. WHen I remove the stereo head I can see the stereo unit behind but no screws. Please suggest. Kahit anong brand car, whatever your experience on removing indash stereo unit will be helpful.

Thanks.
    Baka ma-void ang warranty mo so let the CASA fix it.

May mga stereo na naka-screw pa sa loob at kailangan pang tanggalin ang dashboard.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks for your suggestions. I think the noise comes from loose cable assembly or wiring harness of the stereo. I have actually asked the dealer to fix it but they refused to open the dashboard. Instead they tightened some bolts and nuts under the dash. No effect. One of these days, papalitan ko nalang yung stereo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You don't open up the dash, for sure may luluwag na after nyan, radio installtion is done from behind usually so di nagagalaw ang dashboard per se other than its "face" covering.

Electronic accessories changes will not void warranty in almost all cars unless the accessory affects OEM equipment directly.

How to remove indash car stereo?