New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang emission levels ng older vehicles ay mas mataas so minimal din ang chance na magfail yan...plus hindi naman lahat ng ET center ay "honest" para ibagsak ka.

pero if ayaw mo ng daya, all the above mentioned engine management and maintenance should be observed...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    italian tune up. ;) see if mausok kahit ilan beses kanang humataw. If sa first lang, do that before having it test.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    well mejo mhrap nga yan .... pra pumasa ka is lagyan mo n lng cla... tlga nman un habol nila eh.... gnglit tlga nila makina pra mkkita cla ng butas .. welll 150- 200 lng pasado k n kgad s knila bsta tell them in a nice way... thats it..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt02 View Post
    well mejo mhrap nga yan .... pra pumasa ka is lagyan mo n lng cla... tlga nman un habol nila eh.... gnglit tlga nila makina pra mkkita cla ng butas .. welll 150- 200 lng pasado k n kgad s knila bsta tell them in a nice way... thats it..
    Kurt, text linggo is not allowed here at Tsikot. We have rules on this. Consider yourself warned.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You're not constrained to go to one testing center. If you fail at one, you can double-check your results at another center.
    all machines from emmission testing are sold only by DOST/LTO accredited auto equipment distributors. the machines are regularly calibrated for efficiency. The machines should have a calibration sticker which shows when it was serviced, to be inspected by the aforementioned agencies

but the thing is, i don't know if LTO/DOST checks the machines regularly.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    to pass the emission you must determine where it will be likely to fail, what i mean is dapat magpa exhaust analyzer ka muna to know which one is failing so you can address it beforehand. of course there's some tips like dapat mainit ang engine mo before taking the emission test
    If you want a legal way, sangayon ako kay sir t2erns kaya konting dagdag na lang ng suggestion. Before taking your car in the emission testing center, complete tune up muna ng engine like palit ng spark plugs, linis distributor cap and rotor, contact point, filters, oil and adjust ng ignition timing kung kailangan.
    Then the most important is while technician doing a test for your car ask him or hingi ng explanation kung bakit pass or failed. If failed get the result and show it to your mechanic.
    If your car failed in HC (hydrocarbon) Any chemical compound made up of hydrogen and carbon. A major pollutant formed by the engine as a byproduct of combustion. Its possible you have a bad ignition system. In one words it is the "unburned fuel". But if your car failed in CO (carbon monoxide) A deadly, colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas found in the engine exhaust. Toxic even in relatively small concentrations. Formed by incomplete burning of hydrocarbons. Thus at its greatest with a rich mixture. So its need adjustment of the carburetor. It is between the air fuel mixture and idle. The technician can adjust it for you just tell them that your mechanic do not have a gas analyser. Yun lang kasi ang madalas na dahilan bakit maraming sasakyan na pabalik balik at ilang beses na bumabagsak. Because the carburetor have an ideal ratio of 14.7:1 to meet the standard level of CO in emission. Gas analyser lang nakakakita nito. Good luck.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *torque2006: I was just pointing out that if you feel the center is being dishonest in failing you, you can double-check at another.

*jundogg and kurt02: From what I've seen, your car can be as dirty as sin and still pass... so if your car actually fails, don't take a shortcut and bribe the testers... you should actually go into the engine and find out what's wrong.

Our Highlander (we use it as a delivery vehicle) just failed emissions. Did I order the driver to bribe the emissions center? No. I did maintenance on it, instead.

Turns out, some of the valves were damaged, as the adjustment was off (140,000 kms and poor maintenance by the first owner). If I'd waited too much longer to fix it, I could have broken pieces of valve all over the engine.

The work done was expensive (top overhaul), but it would have cost me twice as much down the line (as in, full overhaul) if I'd just said "meh" and paid off the emissions testers and walked away.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wasn't your VW built before emissions control became standard? Meaning it is a non-legislative vehicle (no emissions control systems on board). I'm not sure when emissions control became standard, in the U.S. I think it was 1966, but other parts of the world did not immediately follow suit.

We also have a non-legislative vehicle (1946) and non-appearance na lang sa emissions testing because even with everything set to factory specs, the chances of failing are still high. This is because there were really no set emissions standards during the time of the engine's manufacture.

Same case din with the vehicles of other members of the Vintage Car Club. I don't attend the meetings much but I think they are planning to take steps to exempt pre-emissions control/historic/vintage vehicles from emissions testing.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    *jundogg and kurt02: From what I've seen, your car can be as dirty as sin and still pass... so if your car actually fails, don't take a shortcut and bribe the testers... you should actually go into the engine and find out what's wrong.
    as ive said in my last post, we tried so hard to fix the car but the fault is at the ET center. so what can we do about that?

kakaintroduce palang noon ng ET as LTO registration requirement kaya di pa ganun karami ang accredited shops. at sa shop na pinagdalahan namin ay madaya talaga at pabibo. they would blow out all the gas in your car para maglabasan lahat ng usok ng car. ofcourse ano laban namin sa ganun. even if your car is clean, they will make a way to fail it, well we can't do anything about it but to give what they want (indirectly). we all know how they do naman di ba? unless the car is oh so brand new, tsak yun pasado.

as for the maintenance of the vehicle. shempre, we make sure na A1 condition lagi ang sasakyan namin for everyones' safety as well as nature's sake.

to the TS:

just keep your VW in good running condition. gastusan mo kung kelangan, kung kelangan talaga and not for the sake of passing the ET. do what's right for the car. but if failed parin, well you know the plan B :evillaugh

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Wasn't your VW built before emissions control became standard? Meaning it is a non-legislative vehicle (no emissions control systems on board). I'm not sure when emissions control became standard, in the U.S. I think it was 1966, but other parts of the world did not immediately follow suit.

We also have a non-legislative vehicle (1946) and non-appearance na lang sa emissions testing because even with everything set to factory specs, the chances of failing are still high. This is because there were really no set emissions standards during the time of the engine's manufacture.

Same case din with the vehicles of other members of the Vintage Car Club. I don't attend the meetings much but I think they are planning to take steps to exempt pre-emissions control/historic/vintage vehicles from emissions testing.

+1 ^^^

hindi ba pasok dito ang 1979 model?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How to make a VW Bug pass emissions test