New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sa Caltex MIA, if you don't use their flushing oil, they will forfeit the "warranty" of their work which is 6 months.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...flushing oil? iba ba to' sa sobrang langis from the last oil change? i just use the excess oil from my last oil change to flush the oil. i dont even bother flushing it.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadetree MKNX
    If the flushed oil is clean why bother flushing it?

I usually dont bother "flushing" the remaining oil out of my engine. I change my engine's oil regularly and I doubt if the 1/8 cup of old oil is going to shorten the lifespan of the 3-4 quarts of fresh oil in a 3-month period.

Besides, some people only change their filters ever other oil change, and they don't seem to notice any problems.
    sorry if i didnt make it obvious :-) this is an alternative to using flushing oil for engines with really dirty oil. flushing oil as was said by numerous mechanics is ill adviced since it replaces the oil inside the bearings with the flushing oil itself and sometimes stays there. and many other stuff amongst that. but if the engine REALLY is dirty,like that for public use then flushing oil maybe needed.

also...prevention is ALWAYS better than a pound of cure...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Sa Caltex MIA, if you don't use their flushing oil, they will forfeit the "warranty" of their work which is 6 months.
    Sounds like a marketing gimmick.

I doubt if anything bad is really going to happen as a consequence of skipping the "flushing oil"... unless the mechanic gets wise on you and puts something into the engine behind your back.

Besides, if anything bad did happen to the engine within the given time period, I doubt they would actually shoulder the repair expense, instead of simply offering an oil change service free of charge for both labor and materials.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz
    sorry if i didnt make it obvious :-) this is an alternative to using flushing oil for engines with really dirty oil. flushing oil as was said by numerous mechanics is ill adviced since it replaces the oil inside the bearings with the flushing oil itself and sometimes stays there. and many other stuff amongst that. but if the engine REALLY is dirty,like that for public use then flushing oil maybe needed.

also...prevention is ALWAYS better than a pound of cure...
    Okay.

I was just wondering why it would be necessary to save the "fresh" oil which was used to "flush" the remaining gunk from inside the engine.

A friend of mine (he worked as a mechanic in his dad's shop while finishing an engineering degree, so he did know a lot about cars) once told me it wasn't always a good idea to use flushing oil (especially on an older engine) because it would remove old gunk from around the oil seals, causing them to leak later.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Good morning Sirs.

Any comment on using kerosene as flush oil?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dyake04
    Good morning Sirs.

Any comment on using kerosene as flush oil?
    good morning din sir dyake,

i think its not good same as the flushing oil ..
    it will have a bad effect on the bearing
    once it will get inside on the engine
    since you cant remove 100 %..the kerosene or flushing oil
    there are some residue of it even if you drain

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may kerosene component daw yung ibang pang flushing. advise nung ibang mechanic kung talagang dirty na yung oil at pagkalaput-lapot, lagyan ng bagong oil yung pinaka mura, then drain/change oil after patakbuhin ng ilang kilometro. or pwede rin kinabukasan na i-drain tpos mo i-byahe.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    BoEing, sequoia, Thanks sa inputs.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    NP ...sir dyake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
how to drain oil properly